Odd sensation

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello Ladies!

I was wondering if any of you ever get this sensation in the upper part of your chest above your breast right below the collar bone? It sort of twitches sometimes and can feel like a build up of gas in my chest. The feeling can also shift to my shoulder or shoulder blade or even down my arm. I have a doctors appointment today and I will mention it to him but I just wondered if maybe this was yet another peri symptom.

1 like, 64 replies

64 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm so grateful you ladies are here...I've half got myself convinced that I'm having a heart attack every darned day.  Yes, upper left breast area, nausea, acidy feeling.  Sometimes it's the left boob, like an electrical shock.  I took myself right to my doctor's convinced the big one was coming (I'm only 47 with perfectly normal blood-pressure) and it's all fine, no heart problems.  Doesn't stop me from scaring myself to death on Google once or twice a day when it's happening.
    • Posted

I am grateful too because most of us were never told about these other aspects of menopause, all we were ever told was hot flashes and sweating so when all of these other things happened many of us like you became alarmed that we were dealing with serious problems and correctly went to the doctor. I am dealing with the feeling of air and tightness in my chest everyday, some days are worse than others but today its all of that plus breast/underarm pain. My hope is that when the estrogen runs out or very low, this will subside, but the problem is it can take years for that to happen.
    • Posted

Goggling your symptoms which I do frequently adds to the anxiety, I have finally stopped, its tempting but I realize it only adds to my distress. I would rather a) talk to the dr,. and b) come here, I have found that the ladies here are more familiar with this however than the doctor and they often send you on a field trip medically to rule other things out, I understand that, but for those of us with anxiety, that often leads to panic attacks.
    • Posted

I agree with you, I never knew anything other than hot flashes and periods stopping.it's funny how doctors never correlate symptoms with hormone changes my biggest issue is my tummy iissues. I'm trying to go through this naturally and change my life style to a healthier one hoping it will improve my quality of life.

• Posted

I'm dealing with tummy stuff for the first time as well...I was never even nauseated when I was pregnant with my kids, and now it's in some shape or form every day.  I'm trying to eat less during the day when it's worse, and drinking peppermint tea.  Not sure it's helping a ton, but it makes me think I'm doing something smile
    • Posted

I would eat the peppermint Christmas candies, sucking on them helped better than the tea and ginger tea helped also.
    • Posted

Ginger tea is fantastic for nausea. I have nausea about twice a day. Ginger is great. It doesnt surprise me ive got it now ive had it when I was pregnant

• Posted

Could be. Or, could be GERD. I never had heartburn, all I had was a feeling like I had to burp, but couldn't. Dr did an endoscopy. He said my stomach looked like it had been sandpapered inside, (red and raw-like a piece of raw beef). Also, hiatal hernia. Deffinately a good idea to get it checked out. Unless something is horrid, I usually wait about a week, if it doesn't get better I go to doctors. Unless it's something obvious, like UTI, chest pain etc.
    • Posted

Sha what were you given for your sandpaper stomach?
    • Posted

Sha,

Thats how my tummy gets. Feels full of air but I will burp, loud and for hours until I get relief. I wouldn't say its heartburn though because it doesn't burn. I'm going for the endoscope on Feb 19th.

• Posted

I had a GI doctor tell me it doesn't always have to burn in order for you to have heartburn. Didn't make sense to me.
    • Posted

I have been given Omeprazole which is an H2 inhibitor, and I requested Sucralfate. It coats the tummy and can actually cure an ulcer (supposedly). Yep, no heartburn, when I told him that, his answer was "not yet". Of course I asked him what else I could do and he said "lose that baby". My fat belly, no baby at my age. Losing weight did help, and now I only take the Omeprazole as needed.
    • Posted

Good for you. I loss the weight too, I was given omeprazole as well but I prefer natural remedies over chemical ones nowadays. But you mentioned sacralfate, did you have an ulcer? I may want to try that since I fear I may have given myself a peptic ulcer. Oh well so much for chemical free.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.