Odd sensations in foot around op site...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

Im 6 days post op, had a left chevron osteotomy with 2 screws placed in the joint. Is it normal to be feeling pins and needles and also what feels like 'movements' around the scar area? May be me being paranoid.

Have to admit now, the pain I experienced on day 2 was friggin' awful! Foot felt like it was on fire and the throbbing was just wow!!

Luckily some Tramadol and Ibruprofen with foot elevation did the trick....

Anyone else experienced these sensations? I'm just curious smile

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had my big toe bones fused on both feet on the 3rd oct 

i got pins and needles even now and my feet twitch and I am not even aware that it's happening I took tramadol and paracetamol I was told not to take ibrupofen as it inpeads the healing of. The bones 

• Posted

Ahh right so the sensations are normal at this stage? That is a relief to know! In regards to the Ibruprofen, my anaesthetist prescribed those on my discharge from hospital...so far I have only taken 2 doses of that and have been using up paracetamol and Tramadol in it's place along with ice packs. There was no mention of the Ibruprofen having an effect on bone healing, he just seemed concerned that it would trigger off my Asthma

Anyways, I will stop taking them and stick to the other painkillers that I have. Thanks for the advice! smile

• Posted

Maybe your ok to take them everyone's different 

happy healing x

• Posted

I am on day 3 and I too have the same feeling in my left foot. I figure it might be the drugs I was given during surgury that are leaving the area. I was given oxycodone and ibruprofen when I left the hospital. I took ibruprofen for the first 2 days and decided to stop on the 3rd but in more pain so I decided to take less on the 3rd day and not take any on the fourth. I figure a few days on ibruprofen is not going to prevent healing when it takes 6 to 8 weeks to heal. But I read it is best to stop when the pain is not to bad.
  • Posted

Hello. I just wanted to say what you have felt pain wise is normal thus far. I have had two surgeries in this year with the second one 3 weeks ago. My first surgery was enough to put me off. Yes the pain was awful, jolting, burning, throbbing but I have to say I think I pushed myself too much to the point that I couldn't walk at one stage. So my advice is rest, rest and more rest. The old addage they told me up to one hour per day the first week two the second week, third the third week etc. (that's really just going to the toilet. shower, kitchen etc. particularly 1st week) (No weight bearing. Wearing boot only). Keep foot dry in shower covering with pastic bag and tape or whatever you have. Do not get your incision wet as this may cause infection. I went through two infections first time. BUT, I have good news. It finally healed and I was able to run across the road to prevent myself from getting run over etc. Woo hoo. This second surgery I feel like bragging (my right foot). At one stage last week I was wondering if they had done the surgery at all. I have experienced very little pain in comparison.Along with the skarf anectomy with three pins I had my second toe fixed as it was broken. I have a pin sticking centimetres out of it. That is the hard bit as I have to be extremely careful not to let anything touch it I have only twisted my foot once not seeing something on the floor and boy did I know about it. That's the only time I needed to use an ice pack. So I hope this has been of some help to you. Good luck and hope everything goes well.

• Posted

Today has been a bit better pain wise, just having pins and needles when I have hobbled back from the bathroom and put my foot up. Luckily the walk there and back is a short one smile

Fingers crossed that the worst of the pain is over now! 

Also, how have you all coped with propping the foot up in bed? I have found using a curled up pillow at the end helps take the duvet off my big toe, even with it elevated on another pillow smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.