Odd stomach bug, unsure as to cause

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey, 

17/yo male. No severe health complications before, sufferer of mild anxiety.

With Christmas tomorrow I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this?

Past week or so I've had uneasy feeling in my stomach that came and went, and I just passed it off as something having irritated my stomach somewhat. Then yesterday, intermittently throughout the day, I was having dizzy spells (could last for seconds or minutes) accompanied by severe nausea (but no vomiting). I saw a doctor recently for tinnitus, which he put down to a dull eardrum, don't know if that could be related.

I ensured I kept myself hydrated as I know that can be a cause of dizziness, but it happened regardless. At one point last night, I felt so nauseated I started retching, but I didn't actually throw up. Lying down seems to help. No pain in abdomen generally, except for uneasy feeling. What could this odd thing be?

Thanks!

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Disturbances of the middle ear can cause dizziness.  However, keep going back to your doctor to get a firm diagnosis since you are still getting symptoms.
  • Posted

Are you stressed out? Sounds like it with your tinnitus in combi with stomach issues. And the reason #1 for my stomach being very irritated is stress.. and as consequence I can‘t handle certain foods. In case you are a sugar eater... sugar makes me very nauseated  .. so try to stay away from it.. and to calm your stomach I would try aloe vera, kefir and kombucha. And then I would try to get rid of my stress. Light exercise as a start.. nothing that ‚stresses‘ your body. Hope this helps.  
    • Posted

No, not particularly. It's strange, recently has been pretty calm regarding my anxiety. The dizziness comes almost in waves, seemingly randomly - it's happened three times so far today as well. Takes me solid 5-10 minutes to recover.

• Posted

Maybe it’s your neck. Are you looking at your iphone or your computer a lot? 
    • Posted

Past two days I've avoided both, just been watching movies lol - but previous to that I had been, yeah. Actually, first time it happened I was sat at my desk playing a game.

• Posted

Could be that you have trigger points in your neck (muscle knots) .. Easy to feel.. There is some great exercises. But stretching already helps. Best one for me is to stand straight, keep shoulders down and push chin/head backwards and forward as on an imaginary trail.. (10 times)

or lay on your bed on your back and let your head hang down over the edge backwards.. just roll up on your side  when you get up .. 

good luck : ) 

• Posted

Hi frank27499

Miniers Disease (Tinnitus) can cause vertigo (dizziness) and nausea. Your ears are associated with balance and Miniers can cause imbalance making us feel dizzy and nauseus....You need to be treated with meds to counteract the nausea and dizzyness you didn't mention how your doc is treating your tinnitus...best wishes..

• Posted

Hi Lilian,

He prescribed me nasal spray and anti-histamines as he believed it could have had something to do with seasonal allergies. It helped somewhat, but the problem persists.

• Posted

Hi frank27499

Occasionally, an overload of earwax can cause ringing in the ears and dizziness..ask your doc to check your ears for earwax....best wishes....

• Posted

Hi Frank can you try garlic and ginger root. Take fresh garlic chop very tine piece and same ginger. Boiling water make a cup tea, fresh lemon and honey, coll little and take teaspoon of garlic and ginger do not chow. Drink your tea but you have to take on the empty stomach in the morning.  I do this every morning  and it is helping. You have bug in your stomach. Try for about 7 days if you can stand garlic. Take care 

• Posted

thanks all for help, beginning to feel a bit better smile
  • Posted

Hi. Im a 16 year old female. I’ve had horrible nausea for about 6 months now. Because of it, I started home schooling because i can’t even go out without feeling like i have to throw up. I have been to so many doctors and no one knows what is wrong with me. Symptoms include HORRIBLE nausea that won’t go away, very tired, sleeping for a long time, and trouble falling asleep. I have no pain in my stomach. I am so miserable i hate feeling like this especially around the holidays because i can’t even go out it’s so bad. please help me 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.