Odd Surges

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello all, have come hom from work today (yet again) cos I feel terrible.  Is anyone else having what i can only explain as a surge from the stomach that climbs round your torso through your arms and up to your head or sometimes even down your legs that feels tingley, i feel my head will explode and i go freezing cold and cant think straight. My stomach is now making some grumbling noises and im left feeling i'm going to get a horrid headach.  I was a bit like this yesterday but seems to be worse today.  I eaten little and bland and drinking water but i dont seem to be able to find anything like this on all the listed peri symptoms you come across. I dont want to go to my GP cos he's not interested and i most likely wont get an apointment for another 2 weeks so thought i'd ask you lovely ladies.  xx

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi hun 😃

so sorry you feel like this today... All sounds familiar... 

Are you due a period or have one coming ? I always got headache before well a few days before and felt like i had been in the ring with Tyson 

Jay xx

• Posted

hi jay, i'm not due on but really i dont know were i am with periods i came on 10th aug but it was just spotting so not a real period.  Its not helped having a stressful morning as my new computer arrived at work but nothing seems to have gone right setting it up and i have several intense phone calls which i felt was getting now where as i couldnt take in what they were saying. I cant give up my job cos i know i'll be

worse at home on my own.  I dont know whats to become of me i was looking up pancreitis on this website and all sorts but i see that wearykitty relates to me thank goodness.  thanks for your support jay xx

• Posted

Oh bless you anxious face..

Stress always makes it worse doesnt it..

I had a weird week, lack of energy and been really clumsy 😳so had another B6 injection, this evening feel very emotional, dont know why..

sensitive and tearful 😞

I get blip day sometimes, this seems to be a 3 day blip, it drives you mad ..

hope you pick up soon hun 

big hugs from Jay jay xxx

• Posted

Yes, I can relate to having the sensation in my stomach, traveling to the arms, legs and head. I also get the stomach noises along with bouts of indigestion. None of this is any fun but it comes with the territory.
  • Posted

I've been having very weird symptoms myself for the last week or so....my arms and legs feel so weak and trembly, I can't concentrate, and my vision even seems a bit off....I do get the tingly feelings from time to time, and I've had annoying pressure in my head....of course, all of this kicks off huge waves of anxiety where I spend hours agonizing that I've got an horrific disease....I'm sorry you're having such a bad time of it....tough to keep going some days, isn't it? Hugs x
    • Posted

hello wearykitty thank goodness you relate to my symptoms, yes i get the vision and head pressure also. I feel like i have a tummy bug or something only because its noisy and a bit upset but its the body tingles and feeling of not being all there that frightens me.  I don't know about you but i feel i cant plan anything cos i may be ill that day.  we have bank holiday monday coming up and i thought we'd do something but oh no i'm ill again. sorry to go on but i have no one else. thank you so much for your speedy reply and hug, sending you a return hug x
    • Posted

My boyfriend and I are taking my daughter off to college on Sunday and then spending a couple of days in the area as a mini-holiday and instead of being excited about it, I'm terribly anxious that I won't feel well and will ruin the trip....I'm doing my best to stay positive, but it's so difficult when I feel so physically unwell....my legs feel so shaky and weak and my head just feels odd....like a fullness/pressure as opposed to a true headache.....and if course I've got the palpitations that come on when I start worrying about all the "what-ifs".....I'm so exhausted by all of this!
    • Posted

we are like to two peas from the same pod. i get just like you about going away and i agree we just get ourselves exhausted by it all, i can only say to you to try and focus on something nice when your feeling this way and try and get through it, this is such a lovely occasion taking your daughter to college and having some time round there, if we had our way we'd never leave the safety of our home but we'v got to do normal things cos i've realised this isnt just some bug that will last a couple of weeks we may be like this for many years (hope not) so try and be brave and have a lovely time and tell me how you was whilst you were away. take care you can do it x
    • Posted

Thanks for the vote of confidence....I'm going to do my very best to enjoy myself and put this behind me if only for a few days. Can I ask if you're taking anything for your symptoms? My GP and GYN both suggested a low-dose anti-anxiety medication (lorazepam) for when things get unmanageable....I've been avoiding taking them because it feels like admitting defeat, but I may try it and see if it helps....at this point, I'd try just about anything if it meant I could get through the day without panicking and/or crying!  Hang in there!!
    • Posted

I only take a multi vit for women going through meno and vit B6 and just started evening primrose.  I took citalopan for 6 months way back i 2012 when thinks started but i feel it messed me up and i dont want to take any medication again if possible.  I have some kalms in the cupboard but not tried them.I know what you mean about admitting defeat but if you feel they will give you a better quality of life for a short time then have a think about it. I have no support from my GP so i don't know what else to suggest cos im still struggling through.  x
    • Posted

Hi weary

bless you sweetie..

lots of ladies have mentioned citalopram helps them ... And suits many of them ... Hang in there ... You doing just great .. Its alot to deal with ..

nothing wrong with abit of help with meds sometimes you know..

need only be for a little while to perk and relax you .. Its just getting ine thats low dose and suits .. 

Dont know if lorazepam is like citalopram or not ..

my gyno gave me diazepam 2.5 mg for when i am shatterd not sleeping.. Havent used them yet but nice to have as back up..

jay xx

• Posted

Hi Weary I know what you mean.  I feel so crappy that I don't feel like going anywhere and visiting.  Plus I've gained weight from sitting on the couch since March but things are getting better with all my vitamins and excercise.  cheesygrin  I am taking charge now.  I have been dragged down long enough so getting back up to speed slowly but surely.  It will get better.  It's just a part of life where our bodies change.  It takes time to cope. It's change and nobody likes change dear.  rolleyes
    • Posted

Hi Weary we can't submit to defeat dear.    We need to sit down and have a meeting with ourselves.  Be bold and brave and don't take any crap.  biggrin

We can win this race.  It won't last forever. Right?  rolleyes

• Posted

Hi Dottie

you are so right there, we have to accept the changes, give ourself a nudge in the right direction  ..stay positive, relax the body more when we feel totally out of sorts...  done all this... But we still get the down days ... We are allowed ...... Good luck ladies ☺️

jay xx

• Posted

Hi ladies!!!!Im the same way when we plan to go away even an overnight trip worries me...we took step daughter on fishing trip and i would wonder what if i start feeling bad???I didnt want to ruin things for her but i did ok...got funny feeling a few times and I would look at my hubby and he would give me that sweet smile and wink at me...It funny how he knows when i just dont feel right...I have appt today with new obgyn so wish me luck...I hope hes different then the worthless ones so far...Goin to ask him about pressure in head..That symptom is very exhuasting...i will let you all know how it goes....hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.