oedema with long term use of perindopril

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been taking perindopril for about 20 years.I am now elderly and have developed quite severe osteo arthritis.A few months ago I began to experience swelling in one foot about 3 times a week which I put down to arthritis.It began to get more frequent and then included both legs and spread from the foot up my calf.I have pain anyway this extra factor put me in real trouble to the extent that I couldn't walk more than a short distance without a stop.I also experienced a feeling of severe weakness in my legs accompanied by dizziness.Due to a cockup with my repeat prescription I ran out of perindopril and did not take any for a few days.I gradually began to feel good the swelling disappeared and I could walk more or less normally.I have also lost about 4lbs in weight.So all in all thank your surgery for not being superhuman and getting it right every time'I did start taking an extra 4mg of doxazosin and am taking bp readings so my GP can review

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.