oesophageal cancer

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had major surgery and my stomach removed 18 months ago and would love to hear from anyone else who had the same operation.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

There are quite a lot of people who have had this surgery and who are members of the Oesophageal Patients Association who run a website, a helpline 0121 704 9860 and support group meetings.   \the website also has some useful factsheets and downloads on various digestive issues that can be common issues.
    • Posted

Thank you so much, I have just spoken to them and am hoping to start a support group in the Southampton New Forest area as after speaking with them they tell me that there is not a support group in this area, so thank you so much.
    • Posted

I think that there would be much support for you from the Portsmouth OPA people and from Barretts Wessex.   Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.