Oestradiol levels

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies would anybody be able to help me out here..... I had some blood tests done as im having alot of night sweats, hot flushes and very irregular periods that have been further apart and lighter and shorter than normal. Well im not sure what my results are showing if anything. I know that my fsh was within normal range. My oestradiol levels came back at 67 pmol/l.... Whatever that means??? It doesnt state whether this is high, low or normal! Anybody know? Thankyou in advance

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

• Posted

Normal range for premenopausal women is between 30-400. Postmenopausal is 0-30. But you may want to check the range your laboratory uses. Some labs use slightly different ranges. Looks like you are premenopausal. Hope this helps.
    • Posted

Hi Jamie

I'm going to the doctors this afternoon.

As you know I'm on wk 7 of the patches.

I have been suffering horrid frightened feelings,not knowing what to do and where to go. Feeling unreal etc. Palps,freezing feet,sweaty body etc.

I want to get tested to see my levels

• Posted

Your doctor should give you a complete blood work up to see where all your levels are. You may be low on some vitamins and minerals that our body needs and this process can deplete us of that. I don't take HRT but can tell you that you have to give it a little time to see if it works. The dosage or kind you take may need to be adjusted. Its trial and error as to what may work for you. I'm sorry that you are still having such terrible symptoms. I still do too but they seem to come in waves.
    • Posted

Thankyou Jamie

My B12,magnesium and calcium are ok. My thyroid was done 2 months ago seems OK.

I want the bloods done so can see where my levels are at 7 weeks into HRT and if it needs changing.

• Posted

Well definitely push for it. It couldn't hurt. It could only help. I think you will feel better once you get down to what's going to work for you. Some things may not go away completely but they will improve.
    • Posted

Hi Michelle

I've been following your posts. I hope your doc does the tests for you and get some answers. It's heart breaking to hear HRT isn't going smoothly for you. But I'm sure you'll get the dosage and everything right soon. Hang in there.

• Posted

Thankyou. Well I went and she isn't doing blood tests. She did say give it 12 weeks and will look at symptoms again and see if dosage needs adjusting. I suppose I have to give it chance x
    • Posted

I am having a hard time too with Drs not doing tests. I don't understand this. I was sure you'd get them this time since you've been on HRT for over a month.
    • Posted

Hi Michelle, Im just curious how long on HRT it took for the anxiety and depression to ease up and what kind are you on?
    • Posted

Hi Snow bell

It took about 3 weeks for the depression and anxiety to ease. I am on Evorel 50 patches and the progesterone tablets which I take for 14 days of the month. Are you on HRT?

• Posted

I am using bioidentical estradiol and progesterone. Im noticing that the anxiety has lessened. I hope it keeps up for us!
    • Posted

Yes me to. I still have other symptoms but there were loads and I'm sure they can't all ease at once x
    • Posted

Hi Michelle

With the cyclic progesterone are your periods coming as usual?

CC

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.