Oestrogen Gel or patch any difference

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi

quick question great info on this forum has some great support since joining .

I am on patchs seperate progesterone just wondering any difference in Gel or patch i am fine on patchs was just wondering as i live in hot country some time they can get unsticky but mostly ok would prefer to stay on patchs as used to them but just wondered . many thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Joanne, i was going to post the same question.........lets hope we get a reply

Best regards

Marina

• Posted

hi marina

yes lets hope we do i am sure they are the same but as you rub daily gel may seem better but i am ok on patchs

regards

jo

• Posted

Currently using oestradiol pellets, but have used both patches and gel at various times, The patches only last me 6 days, and gel on the 7th. I would rather not to have to use gel every day - time consuming, a bit sticky, but hey, better than nothing!

I live in the tropics too and found that it was best to put patches on my upper butt, as fat rolls (even small ones!!!) on my abdomen loosen the patches when I am sitting.

So I was happy to find that I could source pellets from a compound chemist even though they are not as good as the originals were and don't last as long. Compound chemists cannot press the powder into pellets as hard as the factory could.

With these 3 options, it is all about convenience as long as it is oestradiol.

Good luck

• Posted

thanks useful info never heard of pellets o just really would rather use patch or gel in your opinion did you think gel patchs work best on symptoms or where they both the same thanks

• Posted

I think the patches are better for me because they last for 3 days so no need to apply daily

Also i feel that with the gel you leave some on your hands so not sure you get the full whack x

• Posted

thanks i will stick on patchs until i see my consuktant as in process of balancing hormones with right progesterone as intolerant to so many progesterones all trial error as getting lots heavy break through bleeding as need mire progesterone as asministaring it every 12 weeks not enough x also talking to others on this forum helps along with research

• Posted

I did not feel that the gel did not work as well as the patch, but I did not use gel for more than one day at a time.

• Posted

thankyou i will stay in patch i think i change tue fri on 50 now as reduced from 75 was curious to see what people opinion were but not many reply , most my friend on gel x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.