Oestrogen too high or too low?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 52 and on sequential regimen because I was still having erratic periods when I started HRT about 18 months ago. I'm on 75mg evorel patch and 200mg utrogestran for 12 days in 28 cycle. My breasts have been painful and swollen for 5/6 weeks, no let up, and this is the first month I haven't had a bleed on utrogestran. I'm confused because I've been told that too much oestrogen causes breast pain so I should reduce my patch to 50mg, but I've read that too little oestrogen is the cause of no bleed on sequential HRT. I'm not sure what to do. Please help? There is so much conflicting information, and my gp isn't a menopause expert!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello SFA. I would highly recommend that you find a professional that has a professional background when it comes to menopause . I am wanting to go on HRT but have concerns like you. So many conflicting information plus some woman experience worse symptoms on it. I cannot risk that in the current state that I am in. For the past week I have been riddled in anxiety, forgetfulness, back pain, headaches, heavy feelings in my arms and shoulders plus moments of depression. I am tempted to go on HRT but first I would have to find a professional in that field to help me and track my progress. As far as breast pain, I have it when my estrogen to low. I wish i can help you but i would suggest you lower your dose and take it from there. Take care and God bless

• Posted

Hi im in a similar situation. I have been on HRT for around a year i use Evorel 50 patches and i was taking Utrogestan 200mg for 12 days of cycle. After months of heavy bleeding and anaemia the gynacologist changed my Utrogesan dose to 100mg daily. Since then i havent had a period for 50 days and my breasts are sore and tender to touch. I also had a strange hot type of flush today and felt nauseous and panicky. I'm wondering if i need to up my dose of Evorel im going to contact the GP this week.

I hope you get some answers and feel better soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.