Off 80mgs of Citalopram and down to 20mgs

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am experiencing a lot of different emotions! I didn't feel good on the 80 and was informed of the danger at my! My moods are high and low, I have always been successful in my job, never been fired or let go! But recently I have been in a very dramatic setting! I quit this job 3 months ago and was asked to come back! I have been there for 1 month and feel out of sorts! I don't feel like I can stay and there is so much Drama! I can afford to take time off, just wondering if anyone else has felt this way! I don't feel clear on what is my part and what is Drama? Please help!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am on 20 milligrams now
    • Posted

hi 80 mg thats one high dose i have a lot of different emotions on 20mg if you went straight from 80mg to 20mg thats a big drop so you may have some withdrawal there. never heard or came accross anyone on 80mg.
  • Posted

80Mg is one hell of a welt, and it must have been a real problem to get back down to 20mg. I have not heard of such a high dose.

Have you been on a Mental Health Ward ?

Is your dramatic setting in another state ?

BOB

• Posted

I am high functioning, my Doc said he has other patients on higher dose? I am just glad I am down to 20, and will go off completely! Had a family crisis 3 and half years ago and that's when given the meds! I am doing well, taking time of until March! Never been in hospital ever for anything and I am over 60! I hope this helps someone else to make the decision to not ever go this high of dose!

• Posted

Hello judith

What sort of Crisis caused a medication to be given so high. ?.

It seems it could have buckled you

I am 66 years old and I would someone would question such a dose.

How did you manage to come back down to 20mg

BOB

• Posted

The pharmacist should have questioned it as well! He is a well respected Doc. in the area! I started tapering off about 4 weeks ago!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.