Off Amlodipine. Possible side effects?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi folks,

its been a month or so that i have gotten off the amlodipine. I was on it for 7 days and i still feel that even a month later i am having some side effects from these pills.

My background: I was in Er and they gave me cardene by Iv and then they started me on 5 mg amlodipine.  I took it for 7 days and got off it.

I have had gastritis for 11 years. I feel that my stomach is worst due to taking the pills. My system is very sensitive to meds and these pills have caused me nausea and more stomach aches.

I am experiencing more headaches now as well. I am getting palpatations at times from the use of these pills. I get lightheaded and a little bid dizzy as well lately. I have read that these are symptoms of the pills. Has anyone gotten of these pills and experienced what i have listed?

I am going to my gp next week and going to do some testing for my stomach and possibly have an mri for my head.

Thanks for reading and your input..

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi i remove my amlopidine and lozartan 2 days ago im taking it since last week.. its horrible since i took that medicine.. palpitation numbness of arm and lighthead..urinte more than ussual.. hot flush and sweating of hands and feet.. i feel weak cant even walk far or jog.. eversince i remove the med i feel good but i need to monitor my self.. diet and i eat banana every meal try to search for banana benefits it might help.. now i feel a little stomach ache but i feel better since i remove it 2 days ago. Lighthead a little but not same as hell since i took the meds.. i drink more water now to remove the other meds left in my system i dont know how long it will take.. so far i doin good hope it will continue till im normal again med free.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I feel lightheaded (a little bit) everyday. My stomach is bothered by almost everything that i eat. I am having the most boring food these days/weeks/month. If i eat anything that bothers my stomach I get a bad stomach ache, then headache comes with it. I was going to the bathroom a lot when i was on the med. Now that has gone away. The headaches/lightheadedness and a bit of dizziness is what bothers me the most.

I wake up with the a bit if lightheadedness and still go for my 1-2 mile morning walk/jog. I will not let these side effects stop me from living. The bad part is that I am a single male and going out while feeling lightheaded and being a bit dizzy is not easy at all. There are some good days, but each day is a challenge right now and i blame this garbage med for it.

I hope you feel better. It will take some time to get back to being our old self...

• Posted

I have seen people post here that their palpatations have become afib. This reallu scares me. I don't have palpatations daily but once in a while they do come around. I was at the hospital about 1 month ago and my ekg was not normal but not dangerous either. So I did a stress test and passed it.

Do people have to have palpatations and always be out of breathe when they have afib?  I bought a portable ekg machine to monitor this. Whatever happens i will not touch meds ever again. How I felt on the amlodipine was beyond hell and it will never happen again.  I do have the slight feeling of lightheadedness and I forced myself to go out the house and  go to the supermarket.  I have no family and no one to help me out, I either do these things or I starve and no one would care or notice either way.

So I have to take charge of my life and move forward regardless of how i feel...

• Posted

Folks the dizziness, lightheadedness and headaches are beyond horrible. I live alone with my dogs and i have no family or anyone. Each day I am hit with these issues, if I can escape it i will be in the gym working out and on the treadmill for 20 minutes.

I been off this toxin for 1 month now and it's pretty horrible to feel lightheaded, dizzy and a bit of vertigo feeling each day. I have no one to take care of me and how can one be social and go out and live a life while being like this.

Does anyone know if this will go away or not?

Bless all that are suffering..

• Posted

Hi so u mean u stop taking the meds right but the side effects still continue? How about you bp is it still rising? Hope u find someone who will take care off you and look for you
    • Posted

I have been off the bp meds since the 25th of last month. my bp while resting in bed is 117/62 at times and i still have the headaches and dizziness. If i am sitting at a table my bp is 123/83 and my pulse laying in bed is from 49-61, sitting its around 62-71.

I can have good numbers but the headaches, lightheadedness, dizziness is still around.

It comes and goes. I force myself out the house, even with the lightheadedness.

I go to the gym each day feeling a bit lightheaded and i lift for 25 minutes and run on the treadmill for 20 minutes. While outside and in the gym my my headaches and dizziness kinda reduce.

This is frustrating but i will not let this issue control my life. I just hope it goes away...

I have no one to help me. I have little dogs and my faith in God that saves me each dayy

• Posted

Wow nice to hear that im happy for your result mr42206 just got may lab result yesterday and i will talk to my dr today. All the lab test is normal and hopefully my dr will give me natural way of lowering my bp. I think anxiety is my enemy now. I think its one of the side effect that i got from losartan aside from leg cramps lighthead, confused feeling dizzy and weak. Any natural medicine that you are taking like garlic or bananas?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.