Off balance?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone with mono experienced a loss of equilibrium or balance? it's generally only when I move or turn my head too quickly, I feel this momentary loss of balance - or as if the ground is closer than I thought it was? It's a new symptom for me, at first I thought it was blocked sinuses wreaking havoc but it's not.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emma,

I have had random dizzy spells this time around. However, 16 years ago when I had mono in college I had an off balance feeling before the onset of the rest of the symptoms and I remember even a year or so later I had a couple weeks where I felt off balance. Not sure if it was still mono or unrelated, but it felt l I had just gotten off an elevator all the time. Like the floor was moving or wasn't level.

• Posted

That's exactly the feeling! Like I've gotten out of an elevator or things aren't level. I hope it goes away 😦

• Posted

I definitely had dizzy spells in the beginning, I'm two months in and its improved, but its definitely not unusual

• Posted

I'm around 2 months in as well (officaially 10 weeks). How are you feeling otherwise?

• Posted

I think im around 8 weeks in. The dizziness sucks a lot, obviously you know. Its thankfully gone away, but its disappeared before and then returned. I still feel fatigue, but I can function more than before. I can walk, but I don't push it. Overall, my biggest issue is this nasal congestion that started when everything hit. OVERALL, I feel better, but still sick. I'm hoping we're both over the worst hump of the virus.

• Posted

Hi Emma,

I have this too. It is one of my most prevalent symptoms unfortunately and it somehow always catches me off guard! Hope you're doing well otherwise.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.