Off balance & motion sickness

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies, I've just been out in the car with my husband to the supermarket and I've came home feeling really upset & angry

I'm just wondering if any ladies out there are suffering from balance problems. The biggest problem when I'm in the car when my husband stops at lights or worse swings into a parking space it makes me feel really quesy and off balance

I washed my hair today which always affects me and this is my 3rd day off my HRT

I don't know if I'm anticipating this feeling when parking that's making it worse or if any you lovely ladies can emphathise

This is my worst symptom and it's causing so much anxiety

Can any one help!

Love

Brenda

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Brendababy, 

My husband swung into a parking lot the other day and I screamed like I was on a roller coaster ride! I startled him and he got a bit frustrated and asked me what the heck was wrong? I had my eyes closed and was scared to open them back up. He thought I was nuts.  I also have the off balance thing and the dizzy/woozy feeling that comes far too often. I wonder if there is anyone out there that can recommend something that will help with this type of feeling. I bought some essential oil called DiVertigo, it does help to an extent. Hope we can get some answers 

• Posted

Hi snowbell I had to laugh at your description of your reaction to the parking😂 Is this just another peri symptom?

It makes me so anxious & depressed, don't understand it and neither does my husband so it frustrates the hell out of him, he thinks I'm overacting

I've also got problems looking at anything moving too fast on tv and any intimacy with my husbands out of the window because I'm too scared of movement 🙈🙊

Oh I hope more of you lovely ladies can post and offer any reassurance that this is just another symptom and will ease, I've developed such a phobia about it

Hugs

Brenda

• Posted

LOL, now that I look back, I must have looked so silly. No wonder why he was looking at me so odd. I completely understand the way it makes you feel, I'm right there with you. Hopeing it gets better soon. It's been a hellish experience so far. xx
    • Posted

Haha!! At least you can laugh about it. I suppose it's the way we think that makes our symptoms much worse but then again doom & gloom and negative thinking is just another meno symptom

I wish I could feel more positive and just laugh at it instead of getting into such a state

Hope your symptoms start to ease soon, thanks for trying to reassure me, I appreciate it

Take care

Brenda xx

• Posted

Could be tight neck muscles...have this too
    • Posted

Hi tropicalvon, I have very tight neck muscles, in fact I've been to see a physio who deals with balance and took a panic attack when she was asking me to move my head around because I was scared it would make me more dizzy😳

I've held my neck so tense for so long it makes me off balance when I move around

I've also heard other ladies saying that neck pain is another peri symptom

Oh...just want my life back, fed up with the anxiety,low mood, balance problems feeling like I'm going insane

It's a comfort though having you lovely ladies to talk to

Hope your having a good day

Brenda xx

• Posted

Hi brenda i had the balance problems for 4 years started starflower and it started to ease up quite a bit , its not to bad at the mo i can work part time good luck
  • Posted

Hi Brenda,

Yes I went off traveling anywhere because I hated the sensation. I didn't feel safe riding my bike and at some points had to hang on to something because it felt as if I was drunk.

I haven't had that for a while now possibly because I'm on HRT.

• Posted

Hey Brenda! I'm sell real estate for a living and used to love what I do. I now hate

showing houses because I always feel like a drunk sailor or I'm going to fall on face while walking them thru the grounds, gardens, yard. I have to gage how many stairs, how far from the car to the front door, and pray it's not more then 2-3 houses or the panic attacks soar. Used to love going shopping, now my husband gets everything. I HATE it!!! It does lighten up, had a few good months, then bam!! Here's to better days. Jamie

• Posted

sounds like vertigo to me .   if you feel dizzy reaching down to pick something up. plus when you reach up it can happen .i had both its awful i thought i was going to be sick at times .go to the doctor he can detect it in your eyes .its awful feeling but he can give you something for it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.