Off balance with mono?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just when I thought I was done with new symptoms, another popped up... Whenever I walk I feel lightheaded and a little woozy - like I'm walking weird even though I'm not. It started happening about three days ago on and off and now I'm really worried about it. I've seen that in some cases mono can cause brain inflammation and inner ear problems, but I'm too anxious to read anymore on those. Has anyone else had this? Is it normal or should I try to get my mum to make another doctor's appointment for me?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

its just another symptom i have that too almost every day . try not to worry about it too much ... it will pass once this horrible virus goes back to bed .

• Posted

Hi Alle, ive had that for months too. I know its hard but try not to worry too much when a new symptom pops up as worrying about it makes it worse. ive self diagnosed myself with a million different illnesses over the months but the symptoms do go eventually. Get plenty of rest

• Posted

Hi Alle,

So sorry to hear you've been having that lightheadness and dizziness. I just want to reassure you that this kind of thing can definitely be normal with mono. I remember having some of that myself when going through it, I almost felt kind of 'stunted' in my head and at times lightheaded and a little dizzy and off balance. This virus can do that Alle and it is normal and it does settle down and go away - please know it is most likely just a symptom of this virus and not any other condition to worry about. It's so hard not to worry I know, being a worrier myself I do empathise and it's a horrible feeling. And of course always wise to check in with the doctor and keep going to them as often as you need to right now to discuss symptoms and hoping they can offer some reassurance and put your mind at rest.

Thinking about you and hang in there - things will turn around and get better with time.

Craig

• Posted

I've felt the dizziness too. If that is all you are feeling, I wouldn't worry too much.

• Posted

Hi Alle

Hope you are feeling more settled today. From what I understand this is a normal symptom. Ive experenced is for months on and off. It does go away but for me it comes back when I catch a cold or something like that. Once this virus has been smothered, your body will recover from the damage its caused but this does take time.

EBV is one of many viruses which can cause viral meningitis (swelling of the brain). If you are worried deff go check in with your doctor. Just be mindful of your body and its needs, and try and stay off google.....I know its hard but getting stressed out about what it could be doesnt help you heal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.