Off Bisoorolol

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all

as some of you will know, im off Bisoprolol now; two weeks agoni had a spiked rate of 129 so went to see GP who happily prescribed biso again saying 1 .25 mg is lowest dose and to take it. i rode the episode out as I've lost over a year of my life to the awful drug.

I've gone from being outgoing/fairly fit to pottering about. I'm only 50 but boy my life has changed. i find i get ectopic beats and a faster rate if i get stressed. it seems to have made my heart hypersensitive. has anyone else experienced this?

I used to enjoy a few glasses of wine/prosecco or a G&T, last time i had one half of a very small bottle, my rate was up most of the night. things have certainly changed.

i can't do as much as i used to. used to love long walks but now struggle.

feel like ive been poisoned.

anyone else like this.

hope all ok.

awful tablet xx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

yes! To all of the above its an awful drug indeed.

i have changed beta blockers to nebilet i think it has given me some relief but its still a beta blocker its a nasty med

• Posted

I take it and I don't feel that way to much. i do feel fatigue but I'm not sure if it's the med or my other issues. I have been on it over a year. I went to down to 1.25. I'd like to come off of it to eliminate a med. my cardiologist said I could but I need to talk to my neuro now to make sure. I tend to get higher heart rate but I did just have stents put in my head.

• Posted

Hi Jane! Sorry to hear your experience with Bsoprolol. I have been on this drug for many years, 2.5 mg, and I have no side effects, maybe a little hair loss. I can enjoy wine, a glass or two, but can not eat to much, then the ectopic beats and heart rate race. Good luck, hope everything will be better. Sorry for my bad english.

• Edited

Hi Jane. I've had this along with along with a host of other side effects after stopping bisoprolol. I've had chronic fatigue, rapid heartbeats, chronic headaches, numb brain, post-prandial hypotension(like hypoglycemia), whooshing in my ear. Loads more as well. Had the same problem when drinking alcohol as well so have stopped that and coffee.

Only did it for one week and it's been nearly two years. Have seen lots of neurologists. It looks like I have withdrawal symptoms which are similar to what people have when they have been on benzos. Possible damage to my central nervous system, most likely the nuerotransmitters.

My heart has stopped fluttering now but numbness is still there behind my eyes.

I'd definitely recommend getting referred to a cardiologist. I doubt very much your GP will have an understanding of how the drug works or possible alternatives for whatever condition you have. The danger is you get prescribed something else that causes a problem when what you are experiencing is withdrawal.

• Posted

Jane,

Did you have ectopic beats before you took bisoprolol? My hubby had these after being on this drug, he ended up having a defibrillator implanted and having an ablation.

• Posted

Hi Jane

I do remember in the past sharing posts with you about weaning off bisoprolol and how you were intending and managing to do that. I too looked at reducing my bisoprolol and even perhaps coming off it.

IIRC you mentioned that prior to being put on bisoprolol you had during the night experienced tachycardia, can't remember if you mentioned ectopic type beats at the time.

When you were on bisoprolol and if they managed your increased heart rate what were the reasons for wanting to come off them.....? If you mentioned that a while back then I have forgotten.

I can totally relate to a massive escalation of symptoms and side effects when reducing or coming off this drug, far beyond that of what a doctor would believe possible.

• Posted

HI Jane sorry for late post i am off biso 10 months mental hell because off this vile evil drug from hell , I said to Doc they are killing me he said keep taking them only took for 8 weeks off hell saw another Doc and he said cut the 2.5 in half for one week then stop reading at lot off posts on this site and health unlocked thats not the way to do it must ween off slowly hope i can stick it out the girl that works in health shop H&B Said it took her two years , I was that bad went to AE the lady how gave me ECG said i have got a heart off a 21 year old i am 69 i said i have been biso she that drug should be band , like you i used to walk 10 mile a day if i do two now i am ill and all so used to like a few drinks had to cut them out and coffee sorry can not be any help with this horrible vile evil drug

• Posted

Hi Jane sorry can not be any help i to feel i have been poisoned from biso 10 months off this evil vile drug from hell i used to walk 10 mile a day if i do 2 i feel ill and liked few drinks had to stop coffee as well i was so ill few months back went to A&E had ECG and all bloods done nurse doing ECG said got heart off 21 year old i am 69 i said i feel ill and i am coming off biso she said that drug should be band bloods were all good Dr said can not find any thing wrong with and said i should not have been put on this biso drug just for a bit high BP I talked to a girl in health shop H&B She said it took her 2 year to get over this vile drug form hell take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.