Off Carbimazole for thyroid uptake, bad chesty cough

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hiya, I've been off Carbimazole for little over a week now, I am usually on 10mg a day and have been since I was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism in May. I had recently been told I have thy2 nodules which was a huge relief and have a Thyroid uptake scan next week. This scan has required me to be off my Carbimizole for the scan and since coming off I haven't been feeling very well. I am unsure if this is related or whether I am just paranoid but I've been really dizzy at work, had vision changes and have been extremely tired and run down where I feel like I'm just sleeping all the time. I then woke up on Monday with an extremely sore throat that was extremely swollen, it has since come down but is still sore and have a really dry coughthat is causing a painful burning sensation across my chest. I am just concerned because I haven't had a cough like this before and along with the other symptoms and me only being 20 years old I'm just getting myself more anxious. I know it could just be me being paranoid but since I have been diagnosed it has been one thing after another from chest infections to water infections and I am now well and truly fed up! Just looking for some advice on whether anyone has been in a situation before. 

Thanks for taking the time to read this smile 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I thought I would also just add that I've been feeling weak and had achey limbs as well but this could just be related to the sore throat I suppose. I've been getting a tight chest for a few days too. 

• Posted

Hi , yes all your symptoms are most likely because your not taking your Carbimzole as graves is really showing itself to you , horrid disease. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.