Off Fluoxetine - on St John's?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello - been off Fluoxetine  20mg for 2 months now and the anxiety is back big time - very short fuse - all connected as either want to kill people (no not literally! wink or hide away. Thinking of trying St John's Wort again - seems to say it can be used for immediate withdrawal symptoms coming off SSRIs so seems to indicate I'll get no issues after 2 months off the Fluox? Any help/advice would be much appreciated folks! x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Why did you come off fluxotine Hun ?i been on fluxotine for 18days feel awful loads of people saying it's going to get better just feel like it's never going to end 

• Posted

I have heard St. John's wart is good though I carnt take it because I have epilepsy so I would try it if I was you it's herbal it would be worth a go 

• Posted

Thx Jane - i tried it before - its more the time gap between coming off the fluoxetine and start St Johns i was curious about - been a couple of months  - might just ask at Pharmacy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.