Off Hrt for 12months

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been on hrt for 29yrs since I stopped them cold turkey, I have been feeling weird and head pressures are mounting everyday, I want to go back , I really suffered with new symptoms daily, never again. This forum came to my rescue. Thank you it saved me because I thought I was really sick while it was my absent hormones. I can't even go shopping, I feel funny.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I was on HRT for 29 years (tablet form) and decided to switch to patches. After switching I really wished I hadn't as I went through 2 years of suffering before my hormone levels settled down again. Now I have a combination of gel and patches and whilst not as easy as one tablet a day it does seem to be working ok. I definitely could not manage without HRT (I am 72).

Hope you are feeling better.

• Posted

Hi

Thank you so much for your response, highly appreciated. I went back on HRT, tablet form and I am feeling better, most of the symptoms are manageable now, I don't imagine myself quitting again. I am happy to hear that you are also doing fine. Keep well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.