Off it.

Posted , 3 users are following.

finally after 6 month taper now two days of no tramadol. Was taking 100 mg daily of slow.   Release. So slowly reduced by breaking tabs in half then quarters.  Then eights etc until just taking crumbs twice a day. Still experiencing muscle and joint pain and some anxiety when. I wake up but can cope. With it. I will have to live with back pain from prolapsed disc but so glad to be off it. My GP offered another opiate based pain killer asa substitute ,  they just don't get it do they. Incidentally did. You know tramadol. Is implicated in alzimers type mental degeneration, as are other ssri's.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi that's so good that you are off tramadol 

All the effort I put in to stopping 

Is starting to pay off

I was on 400ml daily for 4 years 

But after 9 months of cutting down I am tramadol free 

For 17 days now

And I am feeling better by the day

well done it's a amazing achievement 

• Posted

Congrats delighted for you I didn't know about the Alzheimer's connection but am not surprised,an going to do the same with the effervescent tramadol am down to 50 per day and capsules can't break in half will do what I have to and break away from this nightmare pill.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.