Off Livial for 2 weeks - Feel Fine???

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been off Livial for almost two weeks. I dreaded coming off it as I was sure I'd get horrible menopause symptoms but, so far, I've been absolutely fine. But now I'm a bit confused!!! I don't know if the menopause is 'over' or if its just too soon to notice any symptom after being on Livial for several years???

I feel that even my mood has improved in the past two weeks - (although I have been more tired than usual) - and I think I am less bloated in the evenings.

Anyone else come off Livial and what was their experience???

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shazanne

glad to hear that you seem to be feeling better. It would be great if you would give us updates as the weeks go on. Personally I feel great on Livial, and have no problems with it, but I do believe that if you can feel as good without drugs that HAS to be better 

keeping my fingers crossed for you.

• Posted

O dear - now not so sure I am all that great after coming off Livial!! The tiredness is killing me and my legs feel so tired and weak. Also feel my mood has dropped but it was not great for two weeks every month even when I was on Livial.

And another strange thing is that my appetite seems to have vanished! Maybe this is because I'm sleeping so much??

I'm really confused now. What is this tiredness??

• Posted

Hi Shazanne,

i am so sorry for you that this doesn't seem to be going well for you.

did you go "cold turkey" coming off livial or withdraw gradually? One of the ladies I work with had to come off her HRT very slowly in order to avoid the kind of things you sound like you are suffering.

i am just interested to ask you something, what time of day did you take your livial ? I have always taken mine at bedtime as this was the time suggested to me by my gynae. A few weeks ago after coming home late I forgot to take it so took it the next morning and decided to start taking it in the mornings going forward - this resulted in all sorts of aches and pains, joint pain, period like cramps, and quite foul mood swings. I took it that way for a couple of weeks just to see if the odd things continued - which they did - then went back to taking it at night and all the "symptoms" disappeared and all back to normal.

just wondered if anyone else had noticed anything like this ?

honeybunches

• Posted

Hi Honeybunches,

Yes, I stopped cold turkey. I am Irish but living in Canada and Livial is not approved here. So when I went to the gyne here he knew nothing about Livial and merely glanced at the info sheet I had brought along. He told me to stop taking it and I asked him more than once if it was advisable to just stop it overnight and he said it was. It didn't sound right to me but I assumed he must have some idea of what he was talking about!

I always took my tablet at 7p.m. - had my phone alarm set for it! Some weeks ago I had a routine colonoscopy and missed a tablet, which resulted in some bloody discharge. This had happened some months ago as well but I couldn't associate it at the time with a missed pill. I told my doctor about the discharge (but I did not make a big deal of it and explained what I thought caused it) and he decided it needed to be checked and sent me to the gyne.

I also take Seroxat (called Paxil here) for depression for a long number of years. In recent times I have been suffering more and more depression type symptoms as I am not really settled in Canada.

At the moment I am feeling so low in myself that I don't honestly know if its the depression or the withdrawl from Livial or both. I just don't know where to turn for help at the moment.

• Posted

ive been on livial for 5 yrs approx . i was 48 when i started and am now 54 . i chose to come off it because of the health risks and for 4 weeks i felt fine - infact fabulous . No side affects until the 5-6 week WOW now my insomnia & both hot flushes & night sweats have returned !! oh and also joint pain . Im hoping at the moment not to go back on it . In the mean time im trying Black Cohosh- this helped me greatly with my night sweats and insomnia previously before i started taking the livial wish me luck ive only been on them for 6 days now with no affect at the moment im going to take them for a month and see what happens . if no better i'll be going back on the livial - maybe try half a tablet a day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.