off meds for a couple of days

Posted , 4 users are following.

Oh I am feeling so much better, no meds since yesterday morning.  Feeling better this afternoon than this morning.  For me the meds have been worse than the TN....but I need to find a compromise between the two

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

The pain of the TN for me is to bad so the side effects of the meds is something I will have to live with hope you find what ever works for you
    • Posted

I feel for you.  Besides rashes and mouth sores and other side effects....I could not stop crying.  I am going to slowly go back on gabapentin

• Posted

I also get really tired and dosey on them as well as light headed and dizzy etc but all of the side effects are so worth being pain free 80% of the time 😔

• Posted

Im new to this site as of yesterday. I'm so glad your off your meds but, be careful. I did the same thing.

Now, the pain is constant with no relief. I'm still trying to get it calmed down. Haven't worked fo 6 months now. I'm praying it works for you.????

• Posted

I am back onto gabapentin 100 mg bid...so far so good.  If I take a mid day dose I am out of it for a couple of hours.  I just can not tolerate the side effects.
  • Posted

So pleased to hear that you are feeling better! It's such a relief when you get some sort of remission. I hate the way my meds make me feel(Carbamazepine 200mg 3 times per day, Gabapentin 300mg three times per day and Amitriptyline 50mg at night) and honestly sometimes they don't really do anything anyway! I feel lethargic, dizzy, and have a tendancy to fall more often when I'm on the full dose - I fall enough as it is due to having had polio as a child, so I can do without more falls...Lol!! 

Also I find I cannot drive when I'm on the meds which makes me feel so depressed. I love driving and I can't use public transport to go anywhere, so I'm hoping I can get some other treatment for the TN pain. I'm waiting for the results of an MRI scan to see what treatment might be suitable.

However, I love to hear of someone getting some respite from this horrible pain, it gives me hope!! xx

• Posted

For me the meds are worse than the pain.  I do not know if that will hold true in the next few weeks, but I definitely have a low tolerance to all of these meds...in fact to any meds.  My mother was the same way.  I am on the list for MVD surgery next spring or summer....and my mri did not show a compression, but apparently that is not uncommon.
  • Posted

That's interesting about not finding any compression showing on your MRI scan but still offering MVD surgery. Not sure how I feel about surgery, I've had a LOT  in the last three years, two mastectomies and an ankle fusion...I was hoping to avoid anymore for a year or two...Lol!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.