Off mirt for 13 days will i ever sleep again?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

I wondered if anyone could resssure me on the sleep front. I was on mirt 15 for about a year and tapered down to a 1/4 tab. I was so fed up with the side effects even at such a low dose (back pain, headaches, depressing weight gain) i decided to stop. I was ok for a few days and just used 1/2 a sleeping tab here and there to help me through but by about withdrawAl day 6 it's got really bad, i feel physically exhausted but unable to relax enough to sleep. And now worrying about sleep is making me very anxious. I'm taking sleeping pills most nights and even they don't work particularly well. Feel like i've lost my ability to drop off. Regret the day i ever started those tabs. Can anyone help? thank you.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

As of tonite I'm 13 days free of mirt! And the withdrawals were bad days but I think I'm getting better! On antihistamines for itch, brain has cleared alot, on a nauseau med for stomach problems and insomnia, well its insomnia. Have been taking melontonin and trying my best to stay calm when I wake after couple hours. Anxiety level ok and appetite is getting better. 😊 how are you doing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.