Off mirtazapine but crazyREM dreams

Posted , 3 users are following.

anyone left with this symptom after stopping mirtaz? Wake some mornings just so distressed feel mind going crazy till i come to.  Is it still depression? Psych says i have anxiety and only gives me diazepam as i cant tolerate ssris etc

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ann, I've not come off off but am on Mirtazpine. What I think is happening here is that your body and mind are still adjusting to you not taking Mirtazpine anymore. Also as I'm sure you're aware Mirtazpine has a sedative effect. Whereas before, you may not have remembered your dream's as much, as you were in a deeper sleep, now your sleep is not as deep and you remember your dreams more. And more vivid! Donna xxx

• Posted

Thanks Donna.  Yes, the dreams are definitely less now than on mirtazapine when they were really ‘real’ but still not gone.  I am wondering how long imhave to be off it until,mynhead returns tomnormal, its six months now so hoping not much longer

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.