Off mirtazapine. Withdrawal??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I've tapered off mirtazapine slowly over a year and now I'm off it I am feeling almost as if I'm still taking the drug. (Almost 3 weeks off) I'm really quite lethargic where everything is taking extra effort... I've lost my oomph! On waking in the morning after a good sleep, I still feel tired too. I feel I have to eat frequently in the day too otherwise I get the shakes pretty bad! I know other people who have experienced the low blood sugar coming off mirtazapine, but had anyone else experienced the lethargy on and off the med? Am I being impatient? I know it might take a time to

Settle. I just want my energy back!

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I am 4 months off and still feeling bad. Now do not know if w/D or return of original anxiety. U say u sleep. Lucky u. I have total insomnia and use zopiclone at night. Have doc appointment next week and reluctantly considering new a/D. My appetite is jaded and I too .lack energy and enthusiasm eveñ after all this time.

• Posted

This does not bode well for me just about to taper off.   I am already finding that i am either so tired i cannot get up or i am anxious or agitated. What is it with this med that really messes us up.  I dont really want a diferent anti dep as ive tried many and all did not help, just made me sick or doubly anxious.  Is it just a waiting game here Nd eventually the mirtaz will go?
    • Posted

Linda

im heading to wk 14 free of the crap and still no engery also a fuzzy head and ringing in my ears.. id say it's mirtazapine withdrawals and not your old anixety coming back...

i never suffered from anixety until I was given mirtazapine 

im back on my old antidepressants I was on before they give me mirtazapine so mayb you would do better if you try another antidepressant

mail me anytime if I can help you out I will...

kaz

• Posted

Dee 

ibwasvthey very same for wround 5wks after coming of mirt, only difference is you tapered I was took of it overnight but you will soon start to wake up in mornings feeling a little better 

keep going your doing brill

kaz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.