Off the Alendronic acid!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Started this medication in October 2016, December stated to feel unwell - light headed to the point of stopping driving, diarrhea, stye in my eye on two separate occasions. A week after stopping the effects disappeared. I am waiting on a appointment to see the bone consultant - God knows what I will decide on next - it's a mine field :-(

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Kitty mabe this med has a side effect or ur sensitive to it. Many people are that I have read about it on this forum.

i hope you get your health back & life is kind to you.

hugs hopexxx

• Posted

Hello

Yes looks like that is the case , I normally am pretty good with meds and side effects. Thanks, will keep you posted x

• Posted

I second Victoria.  Unless you have very dire bone results appropriate exercise and diet plus supplements are the way to go.  Top suggestions - walk, if you can do Nordic walking and learn tai chi.  I have a weighted walking vest which allows me to increase weights very slowly, by ounces at a time, and wear this from time to time as the weight stimulates bone formation.

I eat a lot of leafy greens with high bioavailable calcium (like broccoli, kale) also some dairy, not liquid milk, but yoghurt, kefir, hard cheeses, brie.  I also take a supplement with all the usual suspects for bone health, as well as, and this is very important, extra Vitamin K2 (not K1 which is the leafy greens but K2 which is often very lacking our modern diet).  

I improved my t-score from -2 to -1.6 in one year, despite being on prednisone, solely through these natural means.  I continue my regimen, and feel healthier all over as everything one does for bone health also helps the rest of the body.

• Posted

Many thanks is for all this info , I have started yoga and trying to get at least 30 mins walking everyday, my diet is quite healthy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.