OFF the Celexa!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

After spending a HORRID month trying to stick with this Citalopram, I decided to taper off...and 2nd day I was going to Email my Dr and simply TELL him... But ironically found an email that he had just sent tell me to STOP taking the drug...my sodium levels were plunging (a common side effect of this drug)...if my level would have dropped 3 more pts I'd have been in the danger zone and could have seizured  or had a heart attack!

I will NEVER take another SSRI's (altho Celexa (my opinion) is the worst. Too bad I didn't Google it before I took it. ANYWAY...from now on it will be: Alternative and Complementary Medicine for my depression/anxiety. Period. I have learned a very valuable lesson... It took being on this drug to realize that maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought it was (the D & A)... So please research before ever consider this drug. (Thanks for 'listening.) Take good care everyone!

Betty

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for the warning and reminder.  Years ago I had this Radio Active Iodine drink for my thyroid.  What came after that was not funny.  It should have never happened.  But there was no return.  Perhaps one has to always do research on what is recommended by the medical world.  Though my experience came before Google.
    • Posted

Hi Hanny!

Thank you for your reply and for sharing your experience! Yup, we certainly do teach ourselves some interesting lessons.

You  take good care!

Betty

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.