Off to the races

Posted , 12 users are following.

T-minus 8 hours before I check in at the hospital. Here we go =)

I know I haven't been putting up with this as long as some of you amazing people, but 6 months of misery with 3 of those on a collapsed hip is enough for me.

My surgeon is amazing. He said 36 is young, and a lot of surgeons would try other treatment first, but that he would do the THR since I'll need a revision eventually, even if I waited 5-10 more years. (not a chance)

I'll post again once I've become the amazing bionic man.

Best of luck to anyone else heading in to the machine shed today.

Rob

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Straight orange juice works for me, yupp problem for all of us, its the strong painkillers that stick you up. Prune juice, start slowly, and build up your dosage, as can have a dramatic effect. No need to explain further I think. Congrats again bionic man.
  • Posted

Nothing really helped me on that front, it happened naturally when I stopped taking the pain killers - although I was told prunes, I couldn't bring myself to eat them 🤑 Glad it's all over and your hip is good!

I am titanium, what are you 😂

• Posted

Thanks for the advice! Plumbing issues resolved.

My surgeon decided on the titanium as well, with the oxinium bearing surface.

I haven't healed enough yet to put it through its paces of course, but am moving around decently with my cane. My days are mostly resting, aside from the exercises and a short walk outside. I tire out easily, but it's nice to get outside even for a 5 minute walk.

Definitely looking forward to a shower! Nurse says once the drain site stops leaking, I can hop in.

Also, TED stockings can have a nice day as far as I'm concerned. Lol. Evil torture devices.

• Posted

"Quote" Plumbing issues resolved. ...

This would always have done the job....lol

Stay Safe bud and Stay Happy...

PJ

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.