Oh my Goodness,pmdd?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Two nights ago I was so depressed,unable to sleep ,overly sensitive about family matters and crying heart brokenly,feeling hopeless...and here I am tonight grinning and 'normal ' again,full of energy and not worried in the least about family ups and downs .

Arrgh!

Only this morning I felt too sad to go grocery shopping.Now,it's kind of hard to remember how low I felt.Soon as AF came the depression went.

I've always felt sad before that time of month ,but this depression was way more severe..it happened last year for a couple of cycles too.

Does anyone know how to treat this naturally?

Do any ladies here suffer from depression in the days leading up to that time of month?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Fairywren, 

have you read about Progesterone Intolerance?  

Regards

Maxine

• Posted

I found out in my menopause that I am Progesterone intolerant.  I have suffered all of my menstrual life with no one ever telling me why.    Good luck with it Fairywren x

• Posted

Hi I thought you just said you we're taking maca which is supposed to balance out hormones and so help with pmdd ???

• Posted

Hi Karen,yes that's the confusing bit..I haven't had depression like that since last year and all the other symptoms of hormones being out of whack are gone(cysts,breast tenderness ,irregular cycles,brain fog)

• Posted

Just read"The vast majority of women with pmdd have normal hormone levels"

Still reading..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.