Oh no...

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have never felt post exterional malaise in all of the 6 months I have had this...until now. I think. Yesterday I went to the gym for the first time in 3 months and did quite a lot. I have been playing tennis twice a week religiously without any adverse effects. Right now I feel horrible. My stomach is bloated (but thats because Im taking too much vitamin C). I feel altogether bad. Cant do my work, out of it, tired. Is this what it feels like? Thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Will: Your situation is very strange to me. When I think about it, it's very hard to believe you've had ME/CFS if you've had no postexertional fatigue. That's kind of a hallmark of the illness. So it's hard to say if what you're now feeling is related to this illness. Stomach issues aside, if you're having bone-crushing exhaustion, then I'd say it could be related to the illness. Though I suppose there's lesser levels of fatigue one coud experience. But if you describe your fatigue as being tired, rather than exhausted, it's hard to say. I seem to remember your diagnosis was up in the air. Was it ever actually determined that you had ME/CFS? Whatever it is, your body's telling you to take it easy. Don't put your future health at risk by pushing too hard. Hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

Nope it's still up in the air sad. Anyways, I've been throwing up all night with a stomach ache and chills so it's prob a stomach virus. 
    • Posted

But it could still be post exertional malaise, bc throwing up can happen. Oh well. Pretty sure I just have a mild case of CFS
    • Posted

Let's say it is PEM, should I cut out anaerobic activity compeltely? Aerobic activity makes me feel totally fine. 
    • Posted

I think you're the best judge on this. If some activity makes you feel ill or exhausted, cut back on doing it. Again, I've never heard of a person with ME/CFS feeling fine after aerobic activity. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.