Oh What A Feeling!!

Posted , 12 users are following.

Well ladies,

I am here with another peri/anxiety rant.

I had indegestion and flatulence all day that was making me crazy. So I was driving on my way to pick up my sister from work and all of a sudden my head started feeling funny, i started feeling internal tingling, my heart started pounding and I was in full anxiety attack mode. I immediately called 911 because I just knew something was happening to me. I made it to my sister's job and she told me to calm down and not call the ambulance. So I told the 911 operator that I had someone to take me to the hospital. I paced the floor until I calmed myself down.

I was wreck on the drive home. Now I'm home and still shaking with some slight dizziness. My family is still trying to get me calm down, but it is easier said than done.

I really needed to vent. My family don't understand that I am not a hypochondriac. I really experience physical symptoms. I try to keep the anxiety down as much as possible, but sometimes it gets out of control.

I have now retreated to my bed and this is where I will be for the rest of the night. I don't even feel like eating. I just want to get a handle on things before this peri makes me lose my mind literally.

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have you tried a BCP to stabilize your hormones?
    • Posted

I haven't tried anything yet. I have been toughing this out without taking anything. I may need to now because this is beginning to get out of control. I'm barely holding down my job and not wanting to do anything anymore.
    • Posted

I'm toughing it out, but your symptoms sound worse than mine. I would try talking to your gyno.about putting you on HRT. It may help you. It at least sounds like its helped a lot of these ladies on this forum.
  • Posted

Do you take any form of HRT? Just wondered if you tried it or not.
    • Posted

Nope. I haven't tried anything. This is all new to me. I just started experiencing this stuff over the last 4 months. So I haven't researched HRT. My GP gave me a script for Ativan because I had an attack in his office. I haven't filled it yet because I'm not a pill person and wanted to research it before I take it. I don't need any side effects to add to the craziness I'm already going through.
    • Posted

I don't blame you. I don't do well with many prescription drugs either. My PC put me on Xanax for my anxiety. I hated taking it. It didn't help my anxiety when I was taking it. Just made me feel foggy and dizzier.

I'm not as anxious anymore. Just have bad night sweats, a little dizzy, and just recently been getting bad headaches. Could be from our recent change in weather though.

I only take B12 and D. Seems to help my anxiety and fatigue.

Good Luck Jami. Hope you get some relief soon.

• Posted

Thanks Didi,

I am trying to take care of myself as much as I can.

• Posted

Hi Jamie,

I am so sorry you are having an off day. I have had two episodes today of jitters and anxiety so I can relate. I don't have great solutions as I have chosen no HRT or meds of any kind. I take a child's multi. 2x's per day, and Vit d. I am sensitive to even vit's. I think on an earlier post you mentioned having low potassium--I do too and I do make sure I eat potassium at every meal--bananas, yogert, avacados, potatoes even chocolate. This has helped my heart not to race so much so maybe it can help you too. I wish for you a peaceful rest and calm. Take care.

• Posted

Thank you for your response. I eat bananas, oranges, drink orange juice, potatoes of some kind every day and it does help the heart from not racing so much. I didn't know I had low potassium until all these symptoms started. I havent taken anything and just been toughing it out. I take BP medicine and an iron pill and folic acid pill for my anemia that the doc prescribed for me that I have to take. I'm not a pill person so I don't take anything else unless I research it. I dont need any crazy side effects adding to the problem.
  • Posted

I actually went to the hospital one day because I felt so weird anxiety pain in my chest palpitations.

Now I call that day my worst day. When I have felt that way since I tell myself it's no worse than the worst day, nothing was wrong with you then, you got over it. It helps a lot.

I can relate with the hypochondriac stuff. My husband has told me I have it plenty of times. My daughter also really seriously has said to me she's sure I suffer with it. Also jokes and tells me I'm 'having the time of my life"

My husband has only really taken any notice recently and only because I've started taking HRT and he's noticed an improvement, he's suddenly more sympathetic now I don't need it!

• Posted

Well I'm glad you got some relief with HRT. Keeping in mind that I been through this before was the only thing that calmed me down
  • Posted

Sorry love. Yeh I had a roll today thinking I was having a good day! Big mistake... Gas bloating pain a couple of hours after, teach me for eating "normal people food" ....rolleyes

i think  the build up of gas in your chest makes you short of breath then freaks You out too thinking you might pass out.

going to acupuncture tomorrow to see if that helps. Hubby doesn't know yet... Il be in trouble for spending money AGAIN on my problems baahh 

• Posted

You are exactly right. The indegestion is down right scary. The gas moves around and makes my chest so uncomfortable. I feel like I can barely eat for feeling like food is stuck in my chest. I came in and made me some soup took a few spoons and don't even want it. Just want to lye down.
  • Posted

So sorry you had a tough day Jamie. I have had that horrible heartburn indigestion where you kind of feel like you can't catch your breath. Very scary. Glad you are okay. These perimenopausal symptoms are really tough. I know how you feel about nobody really understanding what we face physically and mentally everyday. I had a tough couple of days with dizzy head pressure nauseaus and had a slight panic attack today. Ended up eating something and laying down to calm down. It worked. Oh and I watched pride and prejudice on Netflix. 😊. Take care of yourself and know you are not alone and you are not going crazy. Don't feel bad for doing whatever you have to do to stay calm, enjoy relaxing. Read or watch one of your favorite movies.

Debbie

• Posted

Thanks Debbie,

I came in fixed some soup took a few spoon fulls and didn't really want it because my chest was so uncomfortable. My head was feeling weird pressure. So I'm sipping some ginger ale and lying down. Today was exhausting. Just trying to relax. I don't think Im going to work tomorrow.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.