Ohip paying for surgery in states

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had an emergency surgery to remove 2 adenomas in NPC in Tampa Florida by Dr Norman.. I could not wait for an endocrinologist to see me which was to be months. Ohip is refusing to pay. Has anyone out there had surgery in the states and live in Ontario??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

it seems like since its an emergency, they will pay for it. you just have to talk to whoever you are insured by.
    • Posted

you need prior approval but i was too ill to wait to see an endocrinologist (4 mths)
  • Posted

could you have called them to get approval before the operation?

• Posted

No.I was severely ill and you need an Endocrinologist to fill it out and I could not get to one in time..4 meh wait. I had to just go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.