Oil!!😳 1st time experience

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi, I have been taking Orilstat for a week I have had no side effects until this evening 😳😳😳😳 I will write what I have eaten and hopefully someone can see where I went wrong ?. Thanks 

breakfast - fat free yogurt, Apple ( no need for pill ) 

lunch - bacon and egg on white ( all fat removed and all cooked in fry-lite butter spray 

dinner - pork loin, roast potatoes and broccoli and coliflour ( all fat removed and pork and pots cooked in fry-lite no gravy! )  I have eaten fruit through the day ( don't really like veg ) strawberries grapes and apples also drunk tea and Pepsi max 

thank you 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

That was my 1st though but then realised I had eaten that when I took these the 1st time and no side effects?. Maybe the fry-lite as its the butter one and not the olive oil one?..

have taken these before but fell pregnant so had to stop. Thanks for your reply 

• Posted

Some times it can take a few days for side effects to come! It might not be anything you ate today. I had my first side effects yesterday but it was due to something I ate friday.
  • Posted

Some times it can take a few days for side effects to come! It might not be anything you ate today. I had my first side effects yesterday but it was due to something I ate friday.
    • Posted

It's really hard to think what it could be, Iv had quite a few eggs in fry lite Iv also had a pasta bake (jar) and a grilled chicken kebab from a takeaway. I guess its probably the kebab, maybe they marinate the chicken in something.???
    • Posted

Maybe you should stay away from frying your eggs and try boiled scrambled or omellets. Even though grilled kebab is the healthier option on a takeaway, the meat itself can be quite fattie and you never know what's in the seasoning they use. Try to more fresh, clean foods. The tables will help you to change your eating habit.
  • Posted

Hi there, I think overall you are approaching the diet well and what you are eating seems very healthy and the right stuff. There are a couple of points worth thinking about though. Firstly, you can have these side effects a few hours, a day, 2 days or even 3 days after you've eaten something too high in fat so it could have been something you've eaten prior to the day before, or even a combination (and this is the most likely scenario) of several days worth of that little bit too much fat all together. I think you need to ditch the white bread and opt for wholemeal only as wholemeal is much lower fat (wholemeal pitta bread is zero fat). I would also opt for fry lite olive oil spray rather than the butter spray, and only use that sparingly as well. Pork is fine to eat as long as you don't eat too much of it and you remove the fat - which you did so don't worry about that. All meat is naturally quite high in fat so just be careful of the size of portion you have. As I say, I think it was probably a combination of a few days worth of just that little bit too much fat - the rule is no more than 15g of fat in total per meal, 3 meals a day, therefore 45g of fat in total per day. Also, within that rule any one item on your plate should have no more than 5g of fat per 100g, for example is you have a tin of soup and the soup has 2g of fat per 100g, the tin is 400g in total and you eat the whole tin, that would be 8g of fat in total, i.e 2g x 4 = 8g of fat in total. That means you could have a wholemeal pitta bread with ham and salad in to go with the soup, or add some gnocchi or fresh veg to it.

Hope that helps.

• Posted

I think you may be right there, as it wasn't horrendous and this is a really big change in my diet as it was dreadful before I started taking these. I had pasta bake last night which I had on thurs last week. Fingers crossed it's not that as the label says 1.5 g fat every 100g I'm also eating a lot of fruit which will obviously change my toilet trips a little. Thanks for your help. It's nice to here I'm not doing anything too wrong. Thank you 😀
    • Posted

Morning, that pasta bake sounds perfect - 1.5g of fat per 100g is excellent and nothing to worry about provided you didn't have over 1000 g (which would have put if over the 15g per meal) which I am assuming you didn't as that is a lllloooooottttt of pasta bake ha ha.

Yes the fruit will absolutely have an impact too - we forget that I suppose. Like you I had appalling eating habits prior to this diet and now I eat lots of fruit and raw veg. I love muching on raw carrots and sugar snap peas - of course they don't replace the satisfaction of eating a big bag of crisps or piece of cake but then when you weigh that missed satisfaction against the satisfaction of seeing those scales come down - well, that makes it worth it.

I think you are doing great, you seem to really have embraced this diet and are doing a great job so keep it up and keep in touch.

Bye for now.

• Posted

Thank you all for your help. I don't know what I'd do without having this forum when I need help or motivation 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.