Oil film in toilet after bowel movement !!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

i have notice an oil film just slight but definatley in the toilet aftef a bowel movement . For the last year ive thought i have a problem with my pancreas as jve had upper left back pain and change in stool colonscopy was clear and liver function bloods all clear but this back discomfort NEVER GOES . I had bowel issues , soft , lighter in colout for 16wks then it cleared up for 4 months and last week it all came back , i feel like this is a life sentenceIm a mess !!!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Do u have a gallbladder??

This is an indication that fats are not being treated by bile, it may be worth asking for an ultrasound. I am in no way a dr but had this myself for a couple of years.

good luck

• Posted

Maybe try avoiding fatty foods. It sounds like you are having problems digesting fat. Are you having any shifting abdominal pain? Do you notice if stress triggers your symptoms?

• Posted

this "FLARE" definatly came about by stress ! i get a bit of bloating but nothjng terrible And i only really go to the toilet first thing in the mornjng so im not running ti the loo every five mjnues

• Posted

Might be IBS; ask your doctor. IBS tends to flare up with stress.

• Posted

have you been given any medication?

all are signs of IBS, i am on Mebeverene 135mg, i take twice a day, i was prescribed thrice a day but because i dont have breakfast and was told by my doctor to try and see if i dont eat heavy breakfast i should take twice.

you will have to change your diet

• Posted

I think you need to have a frank discussion with your dr, tell him/her of your concerns. There are a lot of things it could be, asking people on here is not really helping.

If you have pancreatic cancer you would be very very poorly after a year. You will get to the bottom of this but stressing won't help, consult a dr.

regards

• Posted

Hello Fiona...

I am SO sorry you are going through this. I feel like we are kindred spirits as far as the worry part goes. 😃 I have always been a worrywart to the point, I actually have health anxiety and have been on medications for years for that along with the IBS and other GI issues that go along with anxiety disease and depression due to the chronic pain That being said, TRY to hang in there. 😃

I have a strong family history of cancer including 2 family members lost to pancreatic cancer. I am just now recovering from laparoscopic gallbladder removal after about 6 years of suffering from repeated gallbladder attacks, dilated bile ducts, pancreatic masses biopsied and removed(BENIGN THANK GOD) and PANCREATITIS.

I wanted to tell you all of this to give you some perspective, but also some advice after everything we both have endured. HOPEFULLY, your doctors will take the bull by the horns and get on it, unlike my first surgeon that denied me THREE times.

You should find a good gastroenterologist who should order an ERCP(preferably with an ultrasound attached) or at the very least a gastroscopy/upper GI endoscopy. Your PCP can refer to one if you don't already have one. Then they may or may not want to repeat a Colonoscopy and other labs and xrays.

I closing, the most important aspect is YOUR own peace of mind to know what is or is not wrong with you. Then maybe you can make adjustments to your diet and lifestyle if it is warranted.

Please keep me posted and good luck sweety.

Susanne, 53

Nashville, Tennessee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.