Oily accidents help

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I've been on orlistat for three weeks and I've had alot of oil in my stools.now I'm having accidents.also smelly wind too.i have stopped biscuits cakes takeaways now i have alot of fruit veg grilled chicken fish.is it a good sign to be pooping oil.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Certainly not. If your doing the diet right which is low fat you should have no oil at all. Everything you eat should be below 5%fat and you should have no more than, 15g of fat in each meal. The fat still in your stomach it will get rid of 1st so hopefully now eating healthy it will stop x
  • Posted

I guess you know it’s working but that just means you need to lower your fat intake. 
  • Posted

I've also been taking it for 3 weeks, I'm on Myfitnesspal and I have set the fat and saturated fat to 20gr per day. I read somewhere 20 was a good aim. Of I keep to this my stools are not too bad. If I don't stick to 20...yip I happens.

• Posted

I was weighed today and have lost 5 kilos in 4 weeks
    • Posted

Jane lilly i didnt have alot of fat and still pooped oil lol my doc said its a good thing
  • Posted

I’d say that’s a good sign! I’ve been on it for 3 days and no oily stools even with around 10-15 g fat per meal.  rolleyes.  I want to know it’s working. 
    • Posted

I've lost kilos. I'm.having porridge or roast for breakfast snacking on fruit sandwich low fat yogurt 1 piece of fruit for lunch and a good meal in the evening grilled chicken or fish and lots of boiled veg.the fruit and veg really help.i cut out cakes biscuits fizzy drinks and rakeaways completely.i loose alit if oil it doesn't happen straight away but you will do it just hang in there

• Posted

Cas99518 3 days is early.take yr tablet capsule just after your meal I am fasting as it's ramadhan so I eat the capsule every 3 hrs 9.pm 12.am then 3 am and it still works

• Posted

Can you tell me how long they work for in tummy after taking . I always take mine mid meal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.