Oily, itchy scalp??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, so for maybe about a year or more now I have had a horrible oily, itchy scalp, it used to be really flaky, but that kind of settled down but it is still really oily and the colour of my hair isn't the same either it's kind of dull! I have tried T gel and anti dandruff products but no luck! It is sometimes quite red too! I went to the doctor who reluctantly gave me betnovate, it has slightly helped my itching but the oily scalp is driving me insane! I don't want to wash my hair everyday because that will dry my hair out!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It may be Seborrheic Dermatitis in which case one of the more suitable medicated shampoos would be Ketopine.
    • Posted

Where would I get that from please?? Should I stop using betnovate??
    • Posted

Firstly check with your doctor to establish whether there is a chance that you do have Seborrheic Dermatitis. If the answer is positive, then either request a prescription for it, or if you prefer to buy it privately it is available off prescription at any one of many commercial outlets.

Having said this, please check with your doctor first to establish if the diagnosis is accurate.

As a general rule you should not stop using the betnovate until such time as you are advised by your doctor to do so.

• Posted

Okay then thank you....I will have to try and learn how to pronounce that first hahaha! She didn't even say what it was when I first went to see her! Just gave me the betnovate and told me to use it rarely.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.