Ointment for after posterior repair any ideas ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I am 9days post op frp posterior repair sacrospinous fixation, laparoscopy ,hysteroscopy and an adhered bowel. I have been progressing ok apart from extreme diarrhoea(please exuse spelling) on day 5 leading to soreness on outside of vulva.Its like i have a split in skin it is very sore when urinating. Does anyone have any ideas as to which cointment  is best for this type of sore. I am 50 and perimenopause. This is an amazing forum to which I am very grateful gave me lots of good information before I went for surgery . Any ideas on cremes will be much appreciated .

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hello pam. You need something that will prevent any urine making it even worse so an ointment rather than a cream. If you have any Vaseline that would help and it does  have healing properties as well. Sudocreme is also good. 
  • Posted

Thanks Matron I did think sudocreme was going to be ok.Not sure what its is as its not really near stitches etc. i thought it maybe where they had had clamps or something.
    • Posted

It could be pam and there's always a lot of stretching going on during the surgery as well.
  • Posted

Hi oh dear you had the full works then..and bless you the runs aswell can't you take anything for that..?
  • Posted

Thanks Debra I did take something, I phoned the ward and they told me Diacalm which I had in. I also stuffed 3 bananas down in record time which calmed it.The problem was the next 2 days which were agony I convinced myself I had ripped something in my bowel. I could only lay flat and not sit at all very painful on the inside of bottom. Luckily it only lasted 2 days. and now I feel ok.It all feels very swollen still and heavy a bit like the prolapse itself !!.
    • Posted

You've probably got some inflammation because of the diarrhoea. It should settle down.
    • Posted

Lovely I've been ok with bm but seemed to be ok untill this morning I struggled a bit so I've got some prunes x
    • Posted

Hi Matron it's 2 nurofen and 1 paracetamol isn't it the ibufofen are 400 mg and paracetamol 500 mg x
    • Posted

Yes that's ok but you could take 2 paracetamol and 2 nurofen x
    • Posted

Don't want to overdose lol 😳
    • Posted

No you're ok with that dose. You'd get a higher dose from your GP on prescription. Try and remember to take the nurofen or any anti inflammatory with food.
    • Posted

Hi really silly question..😳 I've been wearing jogging bottoms since my opp is it ok to wear jeans yet lol 😃
    • Posted

I can't see any reason why you shouldn't now just as long as you're comfortable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.