Ok I have been feeling like throwing up with no appetite for 3 weeks. What’s wrong with me?

Posted , 7 users are following.

So I went to the Doctor and they said it’s my anxiety and constipation (I also have extreme emetophobia) my dad says if I would have thrown up I would have already. I feel like I will throw up all day and it gets worse at night. What’s wrong with me? 

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi

This is your body telling you, you need to change your diet. It might be that your stomach is too acidic, this can cause extreme nausea. Take some probiotics with prebiotics, 50 billion CFU’s and try a more alkaline based diet, such as a Mediterranean style diet. 

• Posted

Also I have not been eating (like a snack a day or less) or drinking much. Is it Likely I will throw up if i keep this up? (Throwing up is my biggest fear) 
    • Posted

Sounds like there’s more chance of you throwing up if you do eat, rather than not eating much. Do you have any other symptoms? 🤔

• Posted

I just ate a little bit and now I feel like I will throw up. Do you think I will? I don’t have many other symptoms apart from being tired 
  • Posted

Go back to your dcctor and ask for tests.  Have you been eating anything you wouldn’t normally eat?  Try a food diary.
    • Posted

I had blood work and an X-ray and everything was normal. I have not been eating much (like a snack a day or less) or drinking. Do you think I will throw up if I keep this up? (Throwing up is my biggest fear) 
    • Posted

Constipation and anxiety can make you feel sick with loss of appetite.  Try to eat more fruit and vegetables to beat the constipation or try a stool softener.  You are better off trying to eat something otherwise your stomach can get acidic with lack of food.  I really don’t know whether you will throw up if you continue to eat very little.  You will need to ask your doctor about that.  I would keep going back to your doctor if these problems don’t get better.
  • Posted

Sounds like you have IBS-C

I get waves of nausea throughout the day- no constant.

I wld start fruit as was mentioned and ginger / peppermint tea will settle or help settle urcstimach so you may get some good in 

Try to stay away from beef and hard to digest foods.

Also dairy and glutton and see what happens - if constioatin is chronic and causing discomfort 

Take miralax and benafiber will help you there - if not ur dr might step up the laxatives for a time ..

Good luck - I know it sucks 

I go thru pain daily with Ibs -C 

So I get it 

• Posted

Dear Maura 71816,

Difficult as it may be get back to the GPs and ask for tests. Anyone handing out advice without solid facts is either exceedingly clever or more than silly. 

Regards, and good luck, E

• Posted

One thing that can make you sicker  is getting dehydrated. That happens to me often when I feel too nauseated to eat or drink. I have been told so many times by my Dr.’s that it’s best to drink  Gatorade as much as I can to keep up

My electrolytes. They tell me just drinking plain water isn’t enough. 

So since I’ve started to drink at least 3 small bottles of Gatorade a day when I feel the worst that’s about all I can keep

down,  but it’s better than getting dehydrated and having to be on IV fluids. 

I have cyclic vomiting disorder, and migraines, and several other health issues as well as getting old at 63 my body doesn’t recover as fast from even simple viruses. 

So if you don’t feel up to eating try to replace electrolytes with Gatorade is better than nothing. 

• Posted

Do you think I will actually throw up? It’s been 4 weeks I’ve been feeling like this 
  • Posted

If you get dehydrated it starts a cycle where you feel worse because your body hasn’t got enough liquids to keep you going. When I get really bad I just let ice chips melt in my mouth and spit the water out. Until I get where I can keep a little water in my mouth without throwing up. 

If you don’t have anything in your system to throw up you could still get dry heaves. Just try your best to get some liquids into you. I had to drink sips of Gatorade at first. Then I got to where I could drink ensure if I mixed it half and half with milk. Or try some dry toast. I know it sounds hard but you have to start small. 

If you have a lot of nausea I’d ask the Dr’s for some anti nausea medicine. There’s over the counter stuff like Dramamine or meclizine or emetrol. 

The prescription kind is promethazine or Zofran which dissolves under your tongue so it doesn’t have to go into your stomach if you already can’t jeep anything down. 

Often it takes a bit of tome to figure out what is causing nausea. It can even be from something like vertigo or an inner ear infection. 

If it’s disrupting your life then you need to let the Dr know it is. If a general Dr can’t figure it out then go to a Dr of Internal Medicine. They are like the detectives of Dr’s. Think Dr House on tv. 

• Posted

You know worry and anxiety can make you feel like crud as well. I have an anxiety disorder and the worse anxious I get the more nauseated I feel. I’ve heard a lot of people get a nervous stomach just from anxiety so it might be worthwhile to talk to

The Dr about that as well. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.