Ok im really struggling with my anxiety. Feel hopeless

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, this is my first post on here so, here goes. It started about a year ago i was at work, (im a painter and decorator.) and i had my first panic attack, very scary but anyway i was bound to my room for about a week, i couldnt eat anything or sleep, until my doctor prescribed me 10mg of propranolol three times a day. It worked wonders, until a few months later i started getting bouts of anxiety but i could deal with it. Well now i had flu last week and all of a sudden my anxiety and panic is back with a vengence. I cant eat anything again at all, im living on complan and i went back to work after xmas this week and within an hour i was Help. I need to pick myself out of this cycle.?

Hi everyone, this is my first post on here so, here goes. It started about a year ago i was at work, (im a painter and decorator.) and i had my first panic attack, very scary but anyway i was bound to my room for about a week, i couldnt eat anything or sleep, until my doctor prescribed me 10mg of propranolol three times a day. It worked wonders, until a few months later i started getting bouts of anxiety but i could deal with it. Well now i had flu last week and all of a sudden my anxiety and panic is back with a vengence. I cant eat anything again at all, im living on complan and i went back to work after xmas this week and within an hour i was laying on the floor feeling as though i was going to faint, i mean proper faint i couldnt see or hear anything but i was concious. I went home and to the doctor and she put my propranolol up to 20mg three times a day, i took the double dose and instantly felt faint again, is it a side effect or because im not eating right. This has got me very depressed as i thought i had turned a corner with my anxiety. Everytime i take a propranolol now i feel weird, its making me feel like im ever going to be normal again, at night my head wont calm down and it felt so tempting to just end it all there and then. (I dont think i would but it crosses your mind when im that low) i dont know if my propranolol is the problem. Please jus need a little support from you guys. Xxx

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hey there!!! When I had my first panic attack!! It was awful!!! I thought I was going to die!!! That was about 4 years ago!

Then recently 3 weeks ago I had one at work! Girls called 911 and all.

I haven't been the same since sad I just started my meds 2 weeks ago and feel like crap!! As I also have no appetite!!

It's so hard to eat! And yes that is why you are feeling poopy!! Try to drink ensures or just try to eat little bits during the day! It's hard I know!! But as soon as I have some food in me I feel a little better!

It will get better and I'm still very anxious and crying all the time but there is hope and it's not forever!! We will get better!!

It's scary because it's so physical!

And I always get anxiety when I'm sick with the cold or flu. So totally get it!!

• Posted

Its so good to know someone else is in the same boat as me. Do you live in america, im assuming ensure is the same as complan in the uk??? Im currently living on complan and grapes lol
    • Posted

You are so not alone!! I live in canada! Yes that would be the same a shake with protein and minerals.

Do you take your meds in the morning or night?

I take mine in the morning as they keep me up at night .

How long have you been on them?

• Posted

I take 20mg of propranolol 3 times a day. Morning, noon and night. Ive been taking 10mg three times a day for the past year or so, the only side effects were cold feet and a little insomnia but now ive had my dosage put up its hit me quite hard.
    • Posted

I get it!! But people say it will get better and balance out. I'm so there with you right now. Best of luck to us smile
  • Posted

hi there, changing your meds and upping the dose can tempory make your sypmtons worse and then you should start to balance out again, it can take up to three months for your meds to settle down.Sometimes they are not suited though. I took Fluoxetine last year for 5 months and the first couple of months on them was awful but then they helped alot, i slowly came off them because they were making me tired. Have you got any support from friends or fam?
    • Posted

Yes, my mum trys the best she can but unless youve really been there its kind of hard to understand. However the guy who i work with who did suffer with the same when he was young, although he didnt need meds and not half as bad as this, has been extremely supportive, so have the rest of his family. Id really be lost without them all.
    • Posted

I m still feeling awful on my meds and it's only been 2 weeks and 4 days

My doc gave me Clonazepam to help with the anxious and anxiety. Especially in the morning I'm so anxious!! I actually get sick and vomit. He up my dose starting today.

I've actually been on this med 6 months ago and now starting again.

I sure hope it works .

• Posted

Im a painter as well and dealt with so called panic attacks but come to find out it was my lymphatic system slowing down. Your lymph fluid can turn to sludge like and back up your system which makes your body send out fight or flight signals. Research thoratic duct and lymphatic system it happens to alot of people

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.