OK now I'm worried

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ladies, be interested to know what you think of my latest developments.  have a 5 x 2 cm mass on right ovary (which they THINK is a cyst) and 2 cm cysts on right.  Had MRI scan last monday, by Friday I decied to ring secretary to see if had results.  She said had not come into consultant but she would find on the system for me.  I need to know because due to pay balance of very expdensive holiday today.  Consulant looked at mri results today and having an team meeting on 1st July when my scans will be looked at in detail then I have an appointment wth her  on 3rd to get their opinions.  All of this I expected but what has made me terrifed is, I said to sec thanks but I am due to pay balance of hols today for holiday on 2nd August - should I still go ahead with this.  Her response was, the dr would prefer it if you didn't plan any holidays until after you have seen her in clinic!  Now very scared - what does everyone think??????

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi there.

First and fore most your health comes first!!

The situation you are in, I wouldn't even think about booking a holiday. Get yourself sorted out first.

I had an ovarian cyst, the agony that I suffered,

Il never forget! But I had to loose my right ovary, due to it becoming infected with an aggressive 3 lb cyst.

The doctor said I was very lucky it didn't turn cancerous. But anyway please wait for your results before you go anywhere. 

Take care 😊

• Posted

Elizabeth posted comment but think gone into KellerA not sure if you seen it, was meant for tou
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth, thanks for this.  I am having some discomfort, not much pain, more like continual period pain with the occasional acute pain but all very managable.  I suppose I was just thinking will see dr in clinic and assume I would need an operation but because quite small I would not be a priority and probably be able to get it done after my hols.  So a bit of a shocker to hear her say don't go on holidays and my reading of this is thinking the very worst.  I tell you it is the waiting around for results that are one of the worst things about not having private health care.  When I see her in clinic that will be 9 weeks since they found something with ultrasound - is this typical?
  • Posted

Kellers

Please don't panick. Firstly she said she would check with consultant . Secondly they don't normally remove under 5cm but as yours on the border line she may be thinking they want to remove them in which case you may get your op date just before or on the dates you going. They won't let you fly post op for about 5 to 6 weeks and you would be losing your holiday xx

• Posted

Thanks June, as said in my reply to Elizabeh, because it is small and not causing me too much bother, I was under the illusion it would not be an urgent operation.  I knew they wanted to take my ovary out, but I thought I would get it down post holidays.  The fact she has said don't plan holiday until talking to me has made me think the very worst and that she will be giving me bad news.  I am a great supporter of the NHS but he waiting and waing is causing so much stress as you mind goes throughe very scenario possible and all of them are bad!

• Posted

Take that back did mean, not been drinking lol xx sorry ladies x
  • Posted

I know, they just don't realise how stressed that it makes you. When I had my appointment with my consultant he had a McMillan nurse in with him. I nearly fainted, but I think it is a standard practise as they are on call if you want advise about the op etc or need to speak to someone if you are worried xx
  • Posted

Hello there.

I understand your concern. I'm going through a similar story.

I have been having severe upper and lower abdominal pain, heavy clotting.

Went to OB, pap came back normal, bloodwork was good no anemia. Then she ordered a vaginal ultrasound because I had prior small cysts and fibroids. After about 10 minutes the tech excused herself and went a got the doc. She confirmed a dermoid and said it had to be removed, then she took me in and gave me a uterine biopsy and a CA-125 test, and a CT scan. Results were on left ovary was a 6.6 cm teratoma mass, and behind that is a 3.6 cm cyst on same ovary. Also, abnormal precancerous cells in uterine lining from biopsy, and CA -125 of a 38. She wants to just remove mass by laproscopic surgery, and treat cells with Provera 10mg, for 3 months to see if cells are gone. I'm almost 40, had tubes tied years ago. Should I just have a complete hysterectomy, or just get mass and cyst out? Wondering if anyone else is going through this. Surgery is scheduled for July 3rd.

• Posted

Meant to say I waited 8 weeks for op but was 9x7x7 and as 50 they do get more concerned. I had pain everywhere in the end, back , ribs, bloating, I indigestion, but as I said it was completely different to what they thought . It is easy for me to say don't worry as my op behind me, but ladies please try not to as it just makes the wait seem even longer and you end up not sleeping which makes you feel even worse. I'm sure if there was anything bad on the MRI they would have got you in earlier x
    • Posted

Thanks June.  I keep thinking that, if it was really bad they wouldn't make me wait.  Plus had I not rang to get the results cos of this holiday thing, I would have just got a letter to attend clinic and would have been none the wiser, so the worry is my own fault in a way.  Funny thing with my pain June, hardly had any but since speaking to hospital this am, pains coming from all direction - the power of the mind should never be under estimated.  Glad to hear your op is behind you, if I could afford it I would just say get me in tomorrow and take the bloody lot out.  I'm 50 so not of much use any more.  Thanks for your responses by the way xx.
    • Posted

You are very welcome. I had no pain until they found it only the awful dizziness and light headedness which they told me wasn't connected, but I don't believe that, so many ladies on here have it. But as the weeks went on pain got worse and so uncomfortable, but now I know it was all bulging in the actual tube and all stuck together I understand why. Lucky it did not burst. Plus as adhesions stuck to bwel and bladder must have been squashed, do probably why it felt so tight. What you gonna do about your holiday? Will they let you transfer your deposit to another one or you just gonna go. Thing is if you getting pains you will worry when you are away. Plus if you are still going better update your holiday insurance xx
    • Posted

Hi June, will have to wait and see what they say on 3rd July.  I have holiday insurance so pretty sure covered for this eventuality.  If it's a choice between op and hols it will have to be op of course. I can go away anytime and health is more important.  It would be awful to have anytign happen or be really ill in a foreign country so would not take the risk, but all rides on what they say next Thursday. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.