ok so far

Posted , 3 users are following.

been on these tablets for three weeks sciatica herniated disc. i take two 30mg at night and two 30mg in the morning and they really help believe me, especially with the pain i am in. hate taking tablets but unfotunatley somtimes we have to. this amount is ok i wouldnt increase this level rather struggle on through the day. just be sensible with the tablets, as with all tablets good luck smile

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

take my word for it, stay away from dihydrocodeine. i was diagnosed with f.m. in 2005 and prescribed them. over the last 3 years, i have lost my wife, 3 children, my home and about 10,000 buying them on the black market. i was taking between 30 and 40 per DAY, always searching for the initial feeling, but never quite finding it. all i have left is my job, and im not sure for how much longer. please beware, especially if you have an addictive personallity. be well.
    • Posted

Not everyone is like that! I have been on them for almost 4 years now also for my back. I take at most 4 a day. I could count on 1 hand the amount of times I have had to take as much as 6. I haven't taken any at all in over a week as I only take it when i need it. If your sensible there is no problem with it.
  • Posted

yeah i understand that. thats why i added the part about addictive personallity. they really should only be precribed short term. this is an opiate, and you have seen what happens to heroin addicts when they come off the drug? same rules apply with dihydrocodeine. have you tried to stop for a 3,4,5 day period? if not your booked in for a trip to hell, im afraid to say amigo.
    • Posted

If you'd noticed I said I haven't taken any at all for over a week now. When I was first put on them 4 years ago I was in agony, could hardly walk and they were the only pills that worked, I went through about 4 different ones including tramadol which just made me ill. I was on 8 a day then, as my pain eased I took less with no problems at all. Everyone is different. It's never given me toilet problems either like I know it can for others. It's a really good painkiller and I would never recommend anyone not to take it if it's the only thing that works.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.