Okay, can someone please help me out??????

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the whole month of April til now I've been dealing with chest pain. Like I said before it is mild, but its still annoying and I'm very scared that it could be something life threatening. I did have EKG and it came back normal. But I am worried it could be something else, like a blood clot in my lung. I asked for help before and got nothing. No answers. I don't want to go to Urgent care or emergency room to get a CT scan because for all I know this could be nothing. But anyway, the pain started in my shoulder and it radiated down to my upper left chest. Like near the shoulder, collarbone, armpit, top of breast. It went away for a few weeks but now it is back. I am so sick of this and I don't know what to do anymore. 😞 Please, can someone help me out? Like at least ease my worries about this? I would GREATLY appreciate it. PLEASE.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Please don't worry, it will go away soon.. I had a major pain for 1.5 years..in which 4 months I was not able to move properly,not able to breathe and couldn't sleep on one side.. but now it's all normal, and the tests I went through were all normal,like blood test,ECG,Echo.. It's actually stress related. Give some time to your body dear, and be with your loved ones. When pain starts just think it will go away, believe me you will find yourself new personality in your own self... Can you tell me your profession, age and some daily diet routine.. Avoid oily spicy food ,have more water

• Posted

I really do hope so. I am so scared. All I know is that in April I started getting pain in my left shoulder, then in a course of few days it went to my left chest. And its at the top. Usually almost near the shoulder, upper breast, near the arm, near my collar bone. Sometimes in the middle. And it usually lasts for hours on end. Like about 4 or 5. Or 6. Resting helps make it go away and it won't bother me when I'm trying to sleep or during the day. At night, I feel the pain. And its mild or moderate. Never severe. And before May, like for a few weeks in April it felt like my heart was jumping out of my chest. But yeah, I also get pain in my shoulder down to forearm. Usually occurs in one place at a time. And I'll get some discomfort in my jaw also. Like if I have pain in my chest, I'll also get discomfort in my jaw while its happening. Also, I did sometimes get pain on my right side but not very often. And for a weeks the pain went away, wasn't experiencing any this month, but last week started feeling it again.

I need to get some blood work done as soon as possible. Already had multiple EKGS done, all normal. I deliver the papers every morning. Just 27 on the 10th of this month. And I've been trying to eat more healthier as I get older, my diet isn't exactly the best I'm afraid to say. And I do avoid a lot of spicy foods.

• Posted

Okay, I went to the ER today. Had tests done today. A blood test and d dimer test. Doctors said everything was normal and said that its chest wall pain and anxiety disorder. I think me worrying constantly was and is making the pain the worse. I see the cardiologist on Tuesday, so should I still get a CT scan? Just to be on the safe side?

Also, I should mention that my pains I get in the areas I mentioned range from mild to moderate. Yesterday, it felt like there tingling sensations or nerve pinches all day. And when I get these pains they'll usually last a few seconds or for about 5 or hours. I am a bit more calmer now, but the thought of it being something more serious is still lingering in the back of my mind. And one more thing, a few times during the day I'll get like a feeling in my chest that feels like moderate shooting pain. It feels like my heart is beating out of my chest. And also, I recently started feeling pain in my collarbone.

But yeah, with the blood test, d dimer test, and ekg normal am I just still overreacting about this? Has anyone else experienced similar stuff like this and found out it was nothing too serious. Like just anxiety or chest wall pain or both? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.