Okay so here I go to explain this weirdness going on.

Posted , 3 users are following.

So for the past few months I’ve been feeling this weird thing at the back of my throat that feels like something is stuck there. Food goes down properly and so does drinks. I noticed I have to burp or cough to make it go away and then it’ll come right back. But my burps don’t feel... right??? (Weird I know) it just scares me because I tried to figure out what was going on via google and of cruise esophageal cancer came up. Which I have no symptoms other than the “lump” in throat. I just had blood done (because I went to my doctor for pain in my chest/side which we think is gallbladder?) I think she did a CBC hopefully and that’ll tell me my blood levels and if they’re okay that means no cancer but they haven’t came back yet so I’m FREAKING even more now. It’s 12:30 in the morning and im sobbing because im so scared. 

Now a little background. I do have GERD (taking Prilosec 1 capsule every day 20mg) but I do have severe depression and anxiety from losing my grandfather in January. I went to the hospital in February and got a CBC and everything was perfect. But it’s bwen 5 months so I’m scared something changed. The sensation used to go away but now it doesn’t. I haven’t seen a gastro doctor so I’m not sure about an upper endoscopy yet. 

I can’t live like this. It’s ruining my relationship and my life in general. Could it be overall anxiety just not going away? And staying there haunting me?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Check your Vitamin D3 Levels.  Prilosec and any Anti-Acid Medecine is bad news read the side effects, I’ve been thru that road, once other symptoms started to appear I stopped taking them.
  • Posted

You are absolutely right. Since all your blood tests are normal then trust that the dr got it all sorted for you.  You are still grieving by the loss of your grandfather.  It must be really difficult for you. You see, sometimes true cure comes from within. Our body has its own healing mechanisms. There are hormones and several components in our body that wants to maintain homeostasis. Don’t be harsh on yourself. Cry if you need to, besides globus feels like you were trying to hold back your tears isn’t it. I manage mine by trying to fight stress or negative thoughts. Easier said than done. I am also going through a lot in my life now. But, i feel that we should try to do something that would make  us happy or divert our attention to. I started journalling or hobonichi type of japanese journal. As long as it will keep me busy. Globus is certainly under control. And i am not sure if you are religious but for me I pray, exercise and from now on i will also love myself and be stress free. I am with you inthis journey. Take care and hope this helps.
    • Posted

Well sadly my blood work has not come back yet so I’m stuck worrying because it’s been since mid april since I’ve had this feeling ☹️ 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.