Olanzapine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is there anybody who has successfully tapered off olanzapine, mirtazapine and duloxetine. My psychiatrist has put me on all 3 and I have read they are all very toxic and harmful. I will not go,back to,the psychiatrist as I have lost all my faith in thr medical profession. I am tapering off all 3 of these toxic poisons at the same time at a rate of 5% every 14 days. PLEASE any positive advice would be so much appreciated. I have read that you can taper off all 3 at once as long as you go real slow,

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i have tapered off 2.5 mg if olanzapine

nearly tapered off 45 of mirtazapine now on 1.8mg

still on 10mg of diazepam and 150mg of venlaflaxine. not sure which will be nexr.

i would not taper meds together it could be very unpleasant and although that is a good pace for 1 med it is too fast for 3. what doses are you on ?

• Posted

i took Olanzapine for 3 months. I cut the smallest mg available and cut it in quarters. so you can imagine how small it was. it was three months feeling terrible. I did not taper. I would say it took 3 or 4 months to get it out of my system. Several weeks after I quite, i started another AD. i took it 5 days and felt awful, so I added it to the list of ADs I couldnt take. THAT WAS 3 years ago. To make it short, i always had the feeling that it could have worked but that Olanzapine was getting in the way. Last month i gave it another try and have had a good reaction. i tell you this so you wont give up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.