Olanzapine and venlafaxine - no emotions on Olanzapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. Desperately need advice. I have been diagnosed with Bipolar 2 and I am now on my third medication (Olanzapine). I have already been prescribed (without successful results) Quetiapine and also Aripiprazole. I have no emotions at all, have no concern for anything and feel totally detached from my normal caring self. I am still beingp rescribed 37.5mg of venlafaxine (this was prescribed before my diagnosis of Bipolar) Has anyone felt this awful on antipsychotics. Hopefully getting an emergency appointment with psychiatrist tomorrow. Dont know what to do . Have felt so terrible have had to move in to my dad's for support.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jackie, it sounds like depression Jackie.... Will you start a different antidepressant instead of Ven?

• Posted

Hi Ala. Thanks for your reply. My psychiatrist has upped my venlafaxine from 37.5 to 75mg and my olanzapine been increased from 5mg to 7.5mg to prevent me going hypomanic. Sorry for the delay in replying .

• Posted

That's awful jacqueline did u get your appointment. How are you now xx

• Posted

Hi Karen. feeling a little better and emotions coming back. My psychiatrist has said that I'm in the depression phase of Bipolar so has increased my antidepressant as well as my olanzapine. feeling a little better tday and back home with my daughter. Thank you for your reply. How are you doing yourself? xxxx

• Posted

That's great news jacqueline hopefully your on the right road too getting better I had too get mine's upped twice. I'm doing ok with the depression on venlafaxine my only problem is I'm not sleeping the only thing that works for me in zopiclone but they don't like giving it out too much so they put me on an antihistamine but it's making me very bloated n when I need too get up for work I struggle feel very foggy n not good at all. However on zopiclone I'm good. I phoned doctor today n told them I'm desperate for some sleep and they've gave me zopiclone sleeping tablets again. Yesterday I cried at my work 3 times over silly stuff feeling like everyone's out too get me n I'm useless at every thing. I just need too sleep.

• Posted

Hi Karen. So sorry that you're not getting sleep. It's really a strain trying to cope with so little sleep. Difficult for you coping with work as well. Glad they've given you Zopiclone to help.

• Posted

Theve given me it for short time use just for when it's urgent. I can't go on with no sleep I broke down 3 times in work on Monday. I've phoned them there supposed too be Phoning me bk today too see what they can do antihistamine just don't work for me xx

• Posted

Hi Karen. That's horrible for you. No wonder you're breaking down at work with so little sleep. At least you will get a little sleep with the zopiclone. I'm having an awful time too. Spoke to my psychiatric nurse today and have decided to reduce my medication (olanzapine) as alot worse on higher dose. Gave me no emotion and slowed thinking as well as detachment. I don't think it's depression causing it - think it's the antipsychotic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.