Olanzapine cold turkey im in hell

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello guys, i was using Olanzapine for 6 weeks 20mg a day. I was getting really fat, and it didnt help my depression.

Im diagnosed with chronic depression and panic/fear attacks.

Because i felt nothing from the medication,i quit cold turkey. It has been nearly 3 months now and im still suffering.

Im in deep depression,like never before,have continues panic attacks,fear my leg are hurting,and i just wana die. I cant even move properly,and im lying on thc cauch all day long. 

My doctor says i have to use olanzapine and it will fo away but im nearly 3 months off the evil drugs and will not start again.

I canf take this any longer,what do you guys advise? I eat nothing,drink nothing. The moment i wake up it starts from my legs to my stomach,the mental pain. Last week and the weel before i was ok. Unday i felt a bit worse and since monday im in hell again. When will this be over or will i be fine ever again?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Eddy , sounds like your having Withdrawals from the Zyprexa . Is the feeling more like aches an pains in your legs ? I was on Zyprexa Wafers 15mg for 7-8yrs and dropped down from 15mg to zero over a six wk period probably to quik an for the past 5wks ive been having aches an pains some headaches an terrible insomnia. Like you im not turning back now to this terrible drug. Going by what alot of people say on this Forum can take 3nths or more before you see any change. You gota keep eating well and take some Supplements vitamins etc. I know this is hard when your struggling with the Withdrawals. If you can get out of the house for abit of exercise even going to the shops for a stroll will help keep your mind off things. Stay strong mate an you'll get thru it in the end. Take care and best wishes for the future mate.. Lloyd

• Posted

Hello  Lloyf, thanks for your reply.

Its more of the nerves pulling,like twitching. I will buy monday some suplements,vitamines and some fruit. I really hope this will be soon over as it drives me to insanity. Good luck to you too bro.

• Posted

Hi Eddy , i buy a bag of Almond Kernels and a bag of mixed dried fruit then mix the two together and place in small plastic containers (150mg size) does about 8 containers and then i just nibble of some thru out the day and this helps take the Withdrawals off my mind. Im pretty sure your leg symptoms are very similar to mind its a very uncomfortable feeling eh. Another day an It'll 5wks off Zyprexa. Im still getting almost no sleep since going off Zyprexa. However my mind is still very clear and im determined to see it thru. I try my best to keep active by going to shops etc. Wishing you all the very best mate. . Take care Lloyd

• Posted

Ill note that brother.  I will buy monday some suplements like magnesium,vitamine D,B en some other stuff ive found on the internet against depression. I have a very very unhealty life style,eat no vegetables and fruit at all and drink 6-7 cans of redbull a day. I think and hope with the extra vitamines ill get in the coming weeks it will help my mental health. Fingers crossed.

• Posted

Good luck with vitiam etc mate. I use a reasonable Brand Multivitamin in morning an a Vitamin B complex (Mega B) which has B1,2,3 , 5,6,7 and B12 plus few other elements. I take this in morning n i also take Hi Strength Magnesium 600mg and i take this bout an hr before bedtime. Both Mega B and the Magnesium are sold under those names in Australia dont know where your from but im sure you'll find them somewhere. Might be worthwhile getting a blood test from your Dr to check whever your low on any Vitamins. I had a blood test an found out i was verylow on Vitamin D, B12 , Zinc , Manganese i lso have on top of my Multivitamins mentioned above im having weekly injections of Vitamin B12 for 7wks then every month even tho i have it in my B Complex its not enough. Might just be worth your while speaking to your Dr. Sorry to ramble on but take care and hang in there mate. Lloyd

• Posted

Hi Eddy , just a note to see how your going. Are you still suffering Withdrawal Symptoms? ? Have you seen your Dr lately ?? I wish you all the very best for the future. Take care mate an just hope things improve for you. Lloyd from Oz
  • Posted

Heya eddy I feel your pain trust me.Your over the withdrawls it,s just the way you feel legs,whole body cramped n your afraid of everything.I,m really really bad n I tried wellwomen 50+ they,re for your central nervous system and worked for me.I,m taking sleeping pills and valium for yrs but I noticed a big differance.I don,t wake up nervous and shaking in the mornings now.Hope ur ok x
    • Posted

It,s like twitching that you have tourettes.Sorry my spelling not good
  • Posted

Maybe you need to up your dose
    • Posted

I dont think so. I was using 2 tablets 40mg each and after taking some blood sample,the doctor saif me to reduce it to 1 tablet. I might need different ones tho. I dunno. I just hope ill get out of this horrible withdrawal effect and feel a bit normal.
  • Posted

I was fine for 2 weeks but the hell started again,now a week almost. Extreme depression,crying,thinking of dieing,no energy.  Ive been off the Olanzapine for nearly 4 months but i donr recover. I dont know what to do anymore. Even writing this is so hard for me. 

Took the drug for 6 weeks and stopped cold turkey,it messed up my mental health. Will i be my former self ever again? I dont know. 

• Posted

Hi Eddy, just wondering how your going mate? ? Any change with your Zyprexa Withdrawals? ? How is the pain /spasms in your legs ? ? Im 9 and a half wks into my Zyprexa Withdrawals and still having aches an pains/spasms or nerve pains in both legs but headaches are rare an my Insomnia is still an issue but has improved with Melatonin slow release tablets. Hope your feeling better an take care mate. .. Lloyd from Oz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.