Olanzapine hell.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello i am new here. I have been on olanzapine now for 1 year. I stopped this medication cold turkey after being on 5mg last december. Did not have any idea around what the withdrawls would be like. Was doing okay eating healthy exercising regualrly sleeping well then panicked after going through withdrawl syndrome upon discontinuation 4 months after i had stopped and was reinstated on 2.5mg after i experienced a relapse though i know this was part of the withdrawl. I am now considering stopping once again but gradually. Its taken away my personality and sense of self and i am wandering around like a zombie. Its done nothing but damage me as a person and i am only 24 years old. I have now been back on olanzapine for 4 weeks on the smallest dose just to help deal with my supposed psychotic symptoms. I experienced extreme paranoia and an inability to function or be myself when i stopped cold turkey as the withdrawls eventually caught up with me. I currently experience extreme tiredness constant migraine and mental block. I wake up feeling disorientated and all over the place. I can't seem to articulate as to why i was put on the stuff in the first place. I did have a one off psychotic episode back in 2014 when i experienced hallucinations and voices. Though since then my brain pretty much healed on its own without any medication. Even my ex girlfriend told me i seemed pretty normal it was only until 2017 that i was put onto olanzapine. What a huge mistake this was! I remember before i went on this i felt more or less okay! Its affected my memory in quite a big way and i cant remember simple things or what i even did the day before like what i talk about to others. I am terrified now that i will remain on this med for quite some time. This is the worst thing ever to withdraw from. I am furious at the medical professionals for putting me on this poison in the first place. I need some guidance right now more than ever on how to withdraw properly and how long this will take? Will i ever get back to normality again? Olanzapine is a brain killer and i certainly do not feel like i should have been on this in the first place! The tremors i got, brain zaps, insomnia, racing thoughts from cold turkey was unbearable! Will i ever be normal again? sad please any advice would be greatly appreciated! Sorry this isn't so clear i am just scared. Thank you and god bless everyone.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello everyone an update on how i am doing. I have made a reduction in the dosage to 1.25mg and the plan is to remain on that dose for a month as recommended then drop to 0.60mg. I have a question is it safe to stop after taking 0.60mg for one month? I am giving myself 2 months on those dosages before stopping. Is this a sensible thing to do? Any advice particularly from those who have managed to safely come off and feel better would be greatly appreciated.
    • Posted

I realized 10% reduction in every  four weeks is the only way we can be safe. I am tapering.2.5 mg tablets mixed with 100 ml water. I am at 17.5 ml now
    • Posted

Previously risperidone cold turkey permenantly altered my brain that, I am suffering hypnopompia.So be careful with these drugs please

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.