Olanzapine withdrawal ride from hell

Posted , 11 users are following.

1 year ago I had a hospital admission from being majorly depressed. As well as being put on an anti-depressant they also threw in Olanzapine which I continued to strongly question the psyche doctor over the next year as I didnt feel myself at all 2 months ago I decided to stop taking it Within 48hrs I felt a profound difference having clearer thinking but then came absolutely awful physical withdrawal symptons and following that really bad mental disturbance with terrible anxiety/shakes and now worst/frightening of all is I feel by how Im functioning that theres been some sort of damage to my brain but one thing for sure Im going to make someone accountable for whats happened to me

2 likes, 85 replies

85 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Karogers, just a note to see how your feeling? ? I hope your well. Im coming up to almost 6wks into my Withdrawals of Zyprexa. Still having aches an pains some headaches an some Dissy Spells an insomnia. Altho i got my most sleep to date last night wiv bout 6hrs a 2hr period followed by a 4hr period. Maybe the Melatonin starting to kick in after 3wks use. The aches an pains are my main concern but i hope they'll eventually ease up. I do get times when i can cope better and my mind is still very clear and hopefully this will be what gets me thru all this. I do hope your well ?? Take care Lloyd from Oz

• Posted

HI Lloyd

Very nice of u to message asking how I'm going!

It was last July I quit Olanzapine cold turkey! It was a very rough experience causing me havoc physically and mentally for quite some months but honestly now I've never been better in myself. It was the disturbed sleep that really lingered on!

It's very disturbing to read so many horror stories about this drug! I'm waiting to hear if I get accepted in a role as a Consumer Consultant in Mental Health focusing on Medication Management as I created a questionnaire for MH Consumers which has been presented to management I really hope they decide to approve it as the feedback will tell a lot I'm hugely passionate about the overuse of these potent drugs!

It's criminal!

It's Great that I have my mind back and can be so motivated and productive!

U will get through too and feel truly alive again!

Take good care! :-)

• Posted

Many thanks for your reply. i too suffered from light headiness and insomnia however my main thing i am finding it hard to deal with is the almost constant muscle pain, spasms, irratation in both my legs and feet. I hope in time they'll settle down... sooner then later... i am so glad to hear that you wrote a paper on these terrible drugs and hopefully u'll be accepted as a Consumer Consultant in Mental Health. You should be very proud of your self and i wish you all the very best for your future and the best of health to you. Take care Lloyd from Oz

• Posted

Thank you so much Lloyd! :-)

If I do get the job I will have to tiptoe very gently as I will b working alongside professionals who some think they know it all!

I actually just remembered the terrible shakes I would have which have really only subsided in the last month after all this time! It was very noticeable and quite embarrassing!

I really hope everything settles slowly but surely for you!

Best Wishes

Kerry from NZ :-)

• Posted

hi how are you getting on as im in the same position as you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.