OLANZAPINE withdrawal symptons? How long do they last for?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I quit Olanzapine cold turkey late July which I definitely dont recommend as it threw my mental and physical health into chaos.  It was pretty bad for the first few months but still I seem to be plaqued by what I presume are still withdrawal symptons.  My sleep disturbance is a nightmare and I have vivid/distressing dreams every night and I also experience shakiness which can be pretty embarrassing at times.

Appreciate any feedback.  Thankssmile

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karogers , im into 3 an a half weeks from going cold turkey on Zyprexa. I get aches an pains headaches an insomnia. I also suffer from dizziness have you experienced any of these symptoms aswell ?? I wish you all the best in fighting these terrible Withdrawals from Zyprexa. Its spose to ease off after 3 months but there also people on this forum say they have withdrawals for longer. Take care mate Lloyd
    • Posted

Hello

I do apologise for not replying sooner!

As I discovered going cold turkey isn't the wisest but stick with it even so it's hell My symptoms were very severe but no way was I going back on that medication The withdrawal affects lasted many months but I'm feeling so much more alive/the true me and all my friends really notice a huge difference

What helps is physical exercise/getting out in fresh air/journaling/healthy diet and the support of quality supplements which u must get advice on Vitiman C is good for yr system whilst it's detoxing

Things do eventually settle! :-)

• Posted

Hi Karogers , thanks for reply. Jus midway thru my 4th week now n Withdrawals not easing up yet. My mind is still very clear and has been since i came off Zyprexa Wafers an im sure this is what keeps me going an hopefully eventually beat these terrible symptoms. I go to shops every day to help keep my mind off the Withdrawals an get some exercise for which i need for my other physical ailments. Roll on another 2months and hopefully im starting to feel some change by then. Take care an best wishes mate... Lloyd
    • Posted

Hi Karogers, im 2days away from my 6wks of Zyprexa Withdrawals. Just wanted to know if you were still getting muscle aches an pains/spasms mostly in my legs at the same time when you were going thru your Withdrawals ?? Im still suffering with insomnia but i think Melatonin might be just starting to give me some sleep. 4-5hrs last couple of nights which is most ive had after taken Melatonin 3wks ago. My mind is very clear an keeping me going even tho its tough. Hope you're doing well ? ? Take care an best wishes Lloyd from Oz

• Posted

P.s.....for me my main withdrawal symptoms were initially anxiety that was through the roof....feeling real nauseous......very lightheaded......fluctuating body temperature and as I said the ongoing insomnia but no way was I being lured back to taking that drug or any other!

I just rode it out but it was shear hell!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.