Olanzapine withdrawals and extreme nausea

Posted , 4 users are following.

Going on nine weeks being off Olanzapine and the nausea is unbearable and almost debilitating. Anyone know how long this will last and any suggestion on what I can do? Psychiatrist does not believe I van still be having withdrawls and I cannot get any help from anyone. If you are thinking about going on this. nasty drug please think really hard about it!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

from what dose and what dose did you stop at ?

how long were you on it ?

• Posted

HI From my own "Hell" experience of withdrawal symptoms I agree that drug is evil! It makes me so angry it's allowed to be prescribed!

Everyone is different to their reactions but it took me many months to fully be free of all the ghastly withdrawal symptons even resulting me in hospital several times

It turned me upside down

Stick with it and go talk to a good health food store as they may be able to recommend something for yr chronic nausea

Hope things subside soon😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.