old anecdote i now believe

Posted , 3 users are following.

One day while flying with in a flock, a single sparrow lost his way and was seperated from the others. Being lost and alone he flew and flew trying to catch his friends but instead flew into a cold spell and his wings froze. Unable to fly the poor little sparrow plummeted to the ground and landed in a farmers field, alone and freezing to death the sparrow accepted his fate and lay there preparing himself for death. Just then a cow happened past and dropped a cowpat directly on the sparrow. The warmth from the cowpat defrosted the sparrows wings leaving the sparrow so happy he started to cheep and chirp ready to start flying again. Just then a cat happened by and on hearing the cheeping and chipping went to investigate. He soon happened upon this cowpat and being curious decided to dig, after a whike he cane across the sparrow and ate it? Moral of this story? Not everyone who craps on you will necessarily be your enemy and not everyone who digs you out the crap will necessarily be your friend. 

I have no idea why I have wrote this only that I sometimes find it(although painful) better for me to suffer in silence. It is not the best solution for everyone and I by no means advise others to do the same, I know myself that a problem shared is a problem halved this is just my own coping mechanism and is not advice for others.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

David. I also sometimes think it is better to be on your own when you feel bad. Somehow trying to put a brave face on or having to talk or say the right thing is more difficult than being lonely and alone. Sadly you are right about people supposedly digging you out of crap and being out of their depth or saying things that are untrue but not becaues they are nasty or liars but because they do not know their subject but like to think they know it. More out of ego than wanting to genuinely help.
  • Posted

I say...don't fly; walk!  It's safer!
    • Posted

My dear dear robin, what a lady you are? In away I am sorry I found this site as I now find myself missing reading your and robertas posts. You both have restored my faith in human nature, you being across the pond, Roberta somewhere in the glorious fields of England. Me a person craving to help others and probably in dire need of help myself, I've past caring about myself tho and concentrate on helping others, people who know me don't understand so I can't expect you or Roberta to, I am a very complex person hun, I want to heal the world which I know I can't, I want to turn back the clock which I know I can't. I suffer the fate of realising a billion ways a minute how mankind can be more beneficial to himself and his neighbour. Everything about me should be praising the Lord or whatever because I am an able bodied person, my family are very wealthy, I have travelled alot of the world, met lovelly people, if I wanted I have friends in many counties and thousands where I live. Why am I the way I am? I've no idea, sister died, breakdown, New outlook on life. Walk instead of flying hun , if gave you example of what I seen when a child about walking, anyway never mind. I've missed your comments and appreciate your imput angel. Think I,'ll get drunk, won't solve anything but I,m sick of hiding from what I know is my destiny. X 
  • Posted

Hi David biggrin I had to see the funny side of it and laugh!!!but so sad for the sparrow!!! David it's lovely to see you branching out!!!spreading your wings so to speak!!!i do wish though that you wouldn't suffer in silence!!!we are all here for you. It's no problem to share with each other!!i can't believe you now have so many friends on the site!!!xx
    • Posted

Roberta my dear dear friend. When I,m feeling low now, the compulsion of switching my data back on is so overbearing that I can't resist. I read your posts or look at your cheary little face and it never fails to make me smile. Thank you for being such a pleasant lady.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.